Sunday, November 30, 2008

Back at school

So I made it to UConn safe and sound, but definitely not dry. It's pouring outside, and keeps switching from sleet to rain to snow. Confused weather!

Now, before I get started on my pounds of homework, I thought I would just go around and take a few pictures of the food I have in my dorm. There is usually more, but with only ten days left I don't want anything to go to waste. Also, my roommate isn't here yet...so she isn't able to comment on how weird it is that I am taking pictures of my food!


(actually...this was my lunch earlier. And the LaraBar that I loved so much! I still can't get over how much I enjoyed that, and how satisfied it left me.)
I'm still sipping on this coffee. It's my new mug from target though! (I also have two matching bowls.) I am tired of wasting so much of the paper stuff, so I opted for the little extra work that it takes to wash these after I use them. Also, ED likes to pick on me when my trash can fills up really fast with trash from my snacks, so this will stop that voice altogether!
OH, and I am also trying some of that Hazelnut syrup for the first time. It's delicious!


Look how bare my fridge is!! I'm going to be picking up more yogurt tonight, but other than that, this is how it's going to stay. Chobani, cottage cheese, cheese, and veggie meat. So sad! =[


This is my favorite drawer! In the back I have Kashi Pumpkin Spice granola bars, Fiber One peanut butter oat bars, and one sad lonely chocolate chip Z bar. I also have plain oatmeal, maple brown sugar pecan oatmeal, and all the way on the right is my homemade "trail mix". (Post Great Grains cereal, dates, raisins, cranberries, almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews, and sunflower seeds.)
The front row consists of Luna bars, Fiber one bar, Kashi go lean bars (hidden), almond butter, and the little packets of PB taken from the dining hall. This drawer seems to have a theme of Nuts! No complaints here!!



This drawer isn't as exciting. However, see those little packets on the left? Those are little 70 calorie pack trail mix's. So cute! Of course, I wouldn't eat them as a snack alone...but in yogurt or cereal or cottage cheese? Perfect. Also I have cinnamon, annies mac and cheese, progresso black bean soup, and my absolute STAPLE- skippy all natural pb.

I'm running to the store in just a few minutes. I'm going to be picking up bread, yogurt, lara bars (apple pie flavor!) and hopefully they have some pumpkin.

Before I run off, I just wanted to share something with all of you. It's something that my friends and I have been putting together for about 5 months now. It was inspired by a little book I found at Border's titled "14,000 Things to be Happy About". I posted a note on Facebook that began with "Happiness is..." and just waited to see if I received any comments. Well, before I knew it I had 162 comments, all with anywhere from 1- 20 different things that make people happy! It blew my mind, and it's still being added to as we speak. Every time someone else comments on it I am so excited to read it and think about what they wrote. I have always believed that it's the small things in life-the details-the fine print, that make life so much more worthwhile. So I'm going to share a few with you. These aren't necessarily my favorites, but they are the ones that right now, seem to spark a note with me.

Happiness is...


-making someone smile
-laughing 'till your belly hurts
-comfortable silences
-a child's laugh
-being the reason someone smiles
-
the ability to laugh at yourself
-not being able to say goodbye
-Kashi products
-falling asleep right away
-crisp autumn air
-the smell of freshly brewed coffee
-reading a good book
-walking just for the sake of walking
-a hug that you never want to stop

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE all the pics of your food, I always find it so interesting to see what other people eat. What aisle in the store did you find the fiberfull bar? I've been looking for them but can't find it.

    Cute mug from Tar-jhay! Love the list, those are some great ones :)

    Have fun at the store, hopefully you find the Apple Pie larabar (my personal fav!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. K- I love seeing what other people eat too, especially when I get good ideas from them!

    I went to the store today (my shopping list is in my post) and all I came out with is one, single, strawberry chobani! So sad! and NO APPLE PIE LARA BARS! I almost got the pecan pie one, but I had my heart set on apple pie so I figured I would wait and see if they end up getting them in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw...well at least you got the Chobani! All of the Chobs have gone MIA here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (I forgot to answer your question! I found the fiberfull bar down the nutrition bar aisle at Stop&Shop. This aisle was broken up into two sections of bars, and this one wasn't near the luna bars, it was with the slim fast and power bars. Good luck finding it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the foods in your room! How wonderful, you only have 10 days left!!

    I love the peanut butter cookie Larabar!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! You summed up happiness quite well!

    And oh my, I am very very VERY jealous of your great stash!

    ReplyDelete