Friday, November 21, 2008

Home is Where the Heart is <3

Good Morning Everyone! (I'm well aware that there isn't an "everyone" yet, but I'm going to pretend =] )
I made it home last night around 8. My mom and I decided to get dinner at the dining hall before we left, because it was going to be a good hour and a half drive home. I don't have any pictures (sorry!) however I ended up having a veggie burger, wheat bread, and some mixed veggies. It was delish' as always, however I am SO happy to be home and have home cooked food instead of dining hall food!

Before I left I took a few pictures of the food that I have left around my dorm. Which, isn't much because I was going home! But here they are! -

(Custom made cereal, cinnamon puffins, kashi h2h)



(Kashi Pumpkin Spice Crunchy Bars, ChocoChip Z Bars, Nature Valley Sweet&Salty Bar, Chex Mix Turtle Bar, Fiber One Oats& PB Bar)

I'm a HUGE cereal and bar person. They are both just so convenient. When I buy a box of cereal, I usually portion it out into little baggies, and then put the baggies back into the box. Why do I do this? Well, two reasons. First of all, I have a lot of trouble with portion control. It comes as a surprise to some people that a recovering anorexic would have trouble STOPPING eating, but I do! It's pretty frustrating, because I end up feeling really sick and disgusted afterwards. So I have learned to portion everything. That way, I don't feel guilty for eating what I like, and what I want to eat.
And secondly, it's more convenient to reach into a box and pull out a baggie of cereal for a quick on-the-go snack!


AS FOR TODAY'S EATS!
I woke up early enough to drive to my favorite coffee shop EVER! (Oh, how I missed driving!) It's called coffee connection. Here's my cup-

(Regular coffee with extra [steamed] soymilk, 2 splenda, and cocoa powder on top. Yum-o!)

When I got back I explored the food cabinets, and found one of my favorite cereals!

I had a bowl of this with some soymilk, and I'm munching on an apple as I type. No picture of the apple, but I bet you know what it looks like! =P

I'm really excited for lunch. My school is T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E at making sweet potatoes, and it just so happens my mom has ONE left in our fridge. I have a feeling it's not going to be there when she comes home from work! =]

One last picture before I go. This is my dog Sophie. I love her to DEATH! She's a little mop-ish right now, but don't you folks worry- she has a "hairdresser" appointment at 3!! Which, is funny because I have one a four. I need ideas of what to do- stat!


5 comments:

  1. hey laura! thanks so much for the kind comment on my blog :) im glad you enjoy it. its great that we have recovery in common---its important to have positive support. the blog world helps tons! ill definitely be visiting back soon to read more :)
    ps---i loveee cinnamon puffins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what happened to my comment. I posted one a few hours ago, and now it isn't there!

    I'm really hoping that blogging will help, because I'm kind of stuck in a rut right now and SOMETHING needs to change. Hopefully, this will be that something!

    Do you know how I can add you to my blogroll? I'm new to the blog world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thanks! I'm headed home now, and I get to see her with her haircut! I'll post another picture- she looks so goofy afterwards =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU ROCK, LAURA!!! love being home, yummy groceries--cant wait to go tomorrow. oh the grocery store will be jammed pack haha! I LOVE CHOCO zbars!

    ReplyDelete