Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"PB&J" Lara Bars!!

First and Foremost!
This is not my original recipe.


I actually don't remember where I found it, but it isn't mine. Just wante
d to clear that up =]
NOW ON TO THE LARA BAR EXTRAVAG
ANZA!

It's rainy outside, so I didn't really want to venture to the grocery store...so I used what I had on hand. This included-

-pre-chopped dates
-Craisins


-salte
d peanuts picked out of a trail mix!

Step on
e: measure measure measure!


1/4 cup craisins & 1/4 cup dates into the blender!
1/3 cup peanuts waiting to be chopped (can you believe that ALL the peanuts in the entire bag of trail mix measured out to be exactly what I needed?! I hope my parents don't grab the bag of trail mix hoping for some peanuts! It's just a little sparse =] )

Once you pulse the fruit until it's pasty, you pull is out and set it aside (this took longer than I thought, so be patient!)


Then you do the same with the nuts, and combine.

Then it's time to get your hands dirty! (My favorite part!)
From here, I just took a knife and split it in half.
My hands were sticky, so I couldn't take pictures of what I did next, but I just formed them into LaraBar shapes, and wrapped them with plastic wrap. The final product? :

PB&J LAuRA BARS!!
If these taste as good as they smell/look....I'm going to be making these A LOT more.
However, I popped them in the fridge to harden a little....so I haven't given them a taste yet. As soon as I do, I'll let you guys know!

What's on my agenda for today?
Shower
Lunch
Target with my sister <3
Seeing my friends from Missouri and Maine! (well, that's where they go to college! I miss them so so much and can't wait to get together with them. I think we're going out to dinner and I can't wait!!!)

It's such a dreary day here in RI, so I'm taking this day to unwind from everything and prepare myself for a busy schedule the next two days. I promised myself that I would allow my body to rest when it needs to, and it definitely needs to! So don't forget to do the same! Treat your body well, and give it everything it deserves!

7 comments:

  1. Goodness! Homemade Larabars...sweet!!! That flavor sounds incredible too :)
    I'm glad you found my blog, girly! I can't wait to keep reading yours. I'm adding ya to my Blog Roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone in the blog world LOVES Larabars, it's so funny! I'm actually still trying to figure out why everyone loves them so much (I've honestly only had the cherry pie? one, and it was mediocre.) So I figured I would try making my own, and who doesn't love a good PB&J? =]

    I still can't figure out how to add people to my blogroll, so instead I just have a bunch of tabs open on my browser! Do you think you could help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god...can't wait to TRY TRY TRY THOSE! thanks for the post and directons, seriously i have been really looking forward to these babies--yumster!! let us know what u think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lara, I just found your blog through Megan's. Nice work with the PB & J bars! Impressive! I love Larabars! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee- yumster is RIGHT! I just took a bite of one of those babies and came running right over here to tell you how it came out. A-Maz-ING! The fridge made them a little hard and chewy, but I like it that way! It takes longer to eat, which means more time to savor the flavor!

    Strongandhealthy- I was definitely about to comment on your page too! Welcome! I'm excited for you to keep up with my blog, and I'll definitely be popping into yours as well! I hope you don't mind if I add you to my blogroll. =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Laura,

    Sorry I spelled your name wrong before...oops!

    I would love to be added to your blogroll! Could I add you to mine?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone has been calling me Lara, and I always feel bad correcting people. But yes, it's Laura =]
    And of course you can add me to your blog roll!

    ReplyDelete