Monday, November 24, 2008

Some of my eats!

Good morning, good morning!

I decided to go around my house today and take pictures of some of my favorite eats! I'm sure a lot of them have been seen by EVERYONE before, but hopefully there are a few new-be's in there for everyone to get some ideas!

So here we go! --

I have had ALL of the Luna sunrise bars- except this one. I took it to my sisters house with my, planning on having it as my afternoon snack but to be honest I hated it! I thought it tasted like fluoride! I was pretty bummed out, but ate it regardless. My favorite one to date- Apple Cinnamon.


I got this for free in the mail the day I left UConn! I haven't tried it yet, but I can't wait!

I went to Starbucks last night, and asked them how much the little packet of almond butter would cost. Their answer? "You can just have it!" So I got this little 100 cal pack of MAPLE almond butter for FREE!!

I'm going to try my best to not OVER-rave about these things! AHDSLKFHDL. I hadn't had EITHER of these flavors yet (I usually stick to the choco-PB one or the choco-almond one (can you tell I like chocolate?!)) but I saw these at the market and picked up a few. I've only tried the cinnamon coffee cake one so far, but OMGosh! It was such an indulgence!! I felt like I was eating a coffee cake AND a candy bar all in one! I didn't want it to end! I can't wait to try the chocolate pretzel one. Afternoon snack? I think so!

I pretty much base my lunch every day off of these things! They are pretty good, and pair REALLY well with american cheese (I eat lactaid cheese because I'm lactose intolerant) and they have 13 grams of soy protein in just four slices. That, with a slice of cheese? Total protein= 20 grams, in a vegetarian sandwich!


When I come home, my mom dedicates the bottom drawer of the fridge to meeee! Love her! <3 From left to right is a butternut squash (my fav...aside from sweet potatoes) chobani yogurt, veggie hot dogs, and some whipped cottage cheese! So spreadable- I highly recommend it to everyone if you can get your hands on it!


Silk Soymilk--'nuff said.


I LOOOOVVVVEEEE my veggie burgers! Actually...I don't love the one on the bottom left- that's my mom's =] She isn't a veggie but she enjoys a good soy sausage every now and then. My favorite out of the remaining four? Amy's Texas Burger! It's much less artificial tasting, in my opinion. But all of them are extremely enjoyable.

I'm kind of iffy on this bread to be completely honest. It's really dry, but tastes good if it's toasted. It's a complete protein though, and wheat free....so it's enjoyable in that sense!



Well....my agenda for today:

Doctor (wish me luck!)
Going for a run
Helping my sister's bf cook dinner for the fire station
Out and about with my best friend ever!

Enjoy your day today everyone! Life's too short to do anything except!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Laura!
    Hope your doctor appointment went well.
    OHHH and I loveeee love love the Justin's Maple Almond Butter packets---I asked the same thing at Starbucks, but they charged me like 35 cents! What the heck?! haha.
    I also love the silk "juice boxes" haha. theyre yummmm.

    oh, and you asked about where i buy my waffles. they're Wegman's brand (which is the supermarket i shop at when im at school). they're really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha aww, well I asked them about the packets of AB about 3 minutes before they were going to close. I think they were just too lazy to ring me up for a simple packet of almond butter!

    My doctors appointment went really well! The first really positive one in awhile, I'm so thrilled!!

    I need to find a good brand of belgian waffles to try- the other pop-up waffles just don't cut it for me. And I never thought of putting peanut butter on them...I can't wait to give it a taste =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi lara! thanks for visiting my blog, you are so sweet! :)

    i looove silk juice boxes! they are a must for me :) yum and ezekiel and amy's burgers! we do have similar taste!

    that is really cool you go to u conn! i have a couple friends there(sophmores). are you from CT?

    i am really looking forward to reading your blog! and i love your quotes at the end of each post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love how starbucks just gave you that packet!! how nice of them. i remember i was there one time and i wanted to buy their almonds but they had expired 5 months ago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke- Silk "juice" boxes are the best! So portable...so delicious! (especially the chocolate one! Can you say milkshake on the go?!)

    I'm actually from RI, not CT...but I fell in love with CT's University the moment I saw it!

    Joanna- Are you talking about the little packets of almonds they always have sitting by the register? I've always been leery to buy those! This packet of AB was actually inside the display case....right next to their granola bars I think!

    ReplyDelete