Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Busy Days

I LOVE busy days! Yesterday was definitely one of them, and today is going to be even worse!
I ended up going to work a little sick yesterday, so I wasn't really myself. But I DID work with D (let's name my boys now, shall we? C likes me, and I like D.) Work was okay. It was EXTREMELY busy but I got to talk to him a decent amount which was good. C ended up coming into work to pick up his paycheck....and he wouldn't even look at me. Oh well...

BUT THEN

I went to Trader Joe's. And we all know that TJ's makes moods better. HELP ON THE WAY!!! Haha. Anyways..

I didn't buy too much. I picked up 4 jamfrakas bars, 1 Gnu Fiber Bar (never had one before), hummus, Dr. Praegers burgers, salad dressing, soup for my mom, and an apple. Then we went to Stop and Shop and I found Vitamuffin tops!!! I grabbed one of the chocolate ones, and can't wait to try them!

So...I realized I am a terrible food blogger. Because I never post what I eat. So just to satisfy those picture hungry readers...this was my breakfast yesterday-
1/4 cup cottage cheese and 1/4 cup vanilla almond granola (plus a few bites out of the box)

Okay, now that that's over with =P... On to New Years stuff!!

In 2008 I...


-got accepted into 4 colleges
-was a part of the RI Honor Society
-graduated high school

-attended an OP eating disorder program for one week
-learned how to ballroom dance
-was able to talk my doctors and parents into letting me go to college
-went to college
-did WELL in college
-discovered food blogging
-met AMAZING people through food blogging
-learned more about myself

but through all of this...I still struggled with my ED. Which leads us to 2009

In 2009 I plan on...

-sticking with my recovery!
-learning how to laugh more, and take care of my body
-being more social
-applying to the Didactic program at UConn
-making more friends at school


This list will grow, I promise you!!

As for today. I plan on working for NINE AND A HALF HOURS!! When people ask me to work for them, I can't say no. Maybe I should work on that in 2009 =]

Have a great New Years Eve/ New Years Day everyone!!!

14 comments:

  1. heya girlie,
    ikm glad to read ur blog again...i missed reading it when u wer gone!!
    uve come really far this year and i think next year you will accomplish so much more in recovery and life in general :)
    im with you on the social thing...thats one of my new years resolutions...say yes more to social outings and make more of an effort. we can do it !!
    aw i hope works ok today...9 hrs is long. hopefully d will be working though to keep u company :)
    im so jealous we dont have trader joes over here..imk dying to try some of those amazing bars like lunabars and lara bars yall have in the US!!
    i hope u have a fab day and il talk to you next year lol :)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! You had a fabulous year. Having an eating disorder does not take away from the success you had in 2008. It is just part of your life, but you have drastically changed the way in which you handle it. You are strong, brave girl and I support you 100%. 2009 will be even better for you. Filled with even more health, happiness, and success! Congrats on everything you accomplished babe :) :)

    Wishing you a fun, exciting, and beautiful new year's eve! Ring it in with style girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg yeah we shold do a swap :) i think some of the bars we have over here that you dont have are eat natural bars, wallaby bars, the organic bakery bars, momre bars etc. im sure ud love them. whats your email adress btw?
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah i love busy days too! Have a great newyears celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be so proud of yourself for all you accomplished in 2008! Just IMAGINE all you will be able to do in 2009 as you continue to grow stronger, healthier, and closer to being ED-free each day! It's all uphill from here girl and always remember I'll be here every step of the way (even if it's just to vent about your boy problems ;)!!) have a fantastic new years eve Laura! xoxo <3 - Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy to have met you in 08. Food blogging has really helped me connect with so many people, and I love it.

    HERE IS TO AN AWESOME 09!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laura!

    Just saying hello & wishing you a Happy New Year. Wow! You accomplished sooo much in just one year. I can't even imagine how far you will go in the next 5 or 10 years. I hope I'll get to keep watching you grow through this wonderful world of blogging.

    xoxoxo,
    Nightingale

    P.S. Boys are stupid. Throw rocks at them. Except for D. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boo to C, yay to D

    Love the Dr. P and CC :) K, I'm done rhyming now!

    Wishing you ALL the best for 09!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year, girl! Thanks for finding my blog :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, you've accomplished so much in 2008, 2009 will definitely be better! YAY to recovery and fresh beginnings!
    btw, post more pics cauz that one looked good~

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhh gotta love being awake at 2:30 a.m. ! haha i found the bar at a local hole in the wall health food store! i'm so extremely happy i found that place im SO going there from now on. i def enjoyed the pbc bar its probably my favorite..i still need to try the coconut cream one or whatever its called that one isn't popping up for me! hope ya had a great new years!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello. iam also a recovering anorexic. and i love your blog and your resolutions sound great.

    ...i had the same breakfast the other day cottage cheese and vanilla granola:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. heya hunni,
    happy 2009 :)

    my email is lilo0514@hotmail.com. i emailed you jus a min ago though so you should probs get it very soon. im so excited for our swap lol.
    how was ur new years eve???hope you got thro that long work shift ok!!

    much love
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey love,
    You achieved so much in 2008! You should be proud of yourself :) And I know 2009 will be even better, we all just have to stay strong, shut ED out in the cold and not let him in no matter how much he whines and claws at the locks!
    <3 Keep going, chica, I know you can do this.

    ReplyDelete