Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Chobs.

So, I had a little slip last night. I found myself having another snack...and then another...and another. And before I knew it, I had gone WAY overboard. =[ I was doing so well yesterday too, so I don't know what happened. As bad as I felt about it, I woke up this morning determined to not worry about it, and just focus on the day ahead of me. I've always loved the quote by The Format that says "If you fail, well then you fail, but not to us." I always tell my friend (who has an ED as well) that she would never fail to me. NEVER. And I know that no one is telling me that, but I tell myself that a slip is not a failure, it's just a bump in the road. And no one gets held up on a simple bump, now do they?

Also, Amy talked about her experience having to leave school a year ago (Amy, tell me if you want this taken out of my post!) and it was such a great reminder to me that something like that could happen to me at any moment. I get checked by the medical doctor here on a weekly basis, and if I go below the weight that I am at now, or if my heartrate is low they have permission to send me to the hospital in the city. I don't know what you think, but this is terrifying! I need to remind myself every day that I am still so far from being healthy, and that ED needs to stop telling me otherwise. But a note to Amy- stay strong. You're such a wonderful person, and "anniversaries" can be tough, I know they are for me, but look at where you are now and keep being such an amazing, smart, and healthy girl!


Before I forget though! Has anyone tried the pistachio Lara Bar? My school only has 4 flavors, this being one of them. And I think it sounds delicious, but they are a bit pricey so I would love opinions first!

______________

I don't have many pictures today, I'm sorry! I did have fun fooling around with my Chobs earlier though (I just love nicknaming my food!) (oh, and I threw my vanilla chobs into the freezer to see what happens. Has anyone ever done this?!)



(how is this fat free?!?! I think the chobani company is lieing to us =P )







Just a warning to everyone- I have essays GALORE to do tonight, and blogs have distracted me one too many times, so if I don't respond to your comments/posts until tomorrow, that's why! I hope everyone has a great GREAT evening tonight. Take it easy, and enjoy every minute of it!

10 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through Amy's, and am just now catching up with your posts! I LOVE how positive you are, by seeing it as just a "bump" in the road that you CAN and WILL get over! Stay strong girl!! Oooh, I've never tried to freeze my yogurts...let me know how it turns out!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I call it chobs too! Just remember it was ONLY a bump in the road, you're doing great, definitely not failing in my book!

    Good luck on your essays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats right hunny, you did not FAIL, just hit a lil bump in the road...but knowing that will happen just lets us grow stronger from each experience!
    I LOVE putting my greek yogurt in the freezer...it comes out like ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girl. Thanks for mentioning me in your post. I'm glad I could share my story with you. Just remember...ED wants you dead. Its really just a means to an end. We want you to live---a long, healthy, plentiful life!! My ED wanted me dead, and it almost got what it wanted. The day I got sent home was the scariest, craziest day of my life. I don't want you to ever experience that kind of day Laur. Keep strong. Know that that kind of day ISN'T about to happen any moment soon if you keep going with recovery!!
    Sorry about your bump in the road. No such thing as a perfect recovery! Its about progress, not perfection. Glad you could move on after it occured :)
    I love calling it chobez !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl! First to answer your question- I work at a yogurt stand...we sell coffee and yogurt and stuff. i have been there for 3 years TOO many!!!! It's easy and comfortable so I stick with it ya know? And I have developed a sort of family there :)
    Love the Chobs! haha made me smile! Strawberry is my FAVE flavor, too!!!!
    And pistachio Larabar is good- try it out. If you like pistachio's you will like it!!!
    Have a wonderful night and good luck with your papers! I totally know what you mean about blogs being a distraction because they are SO distracting me from MY paper writing right now, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your school sells Larabars? TOO COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you can call me ames anytime you like! go with it!

    man, i remember the same drive to the hospital and the same lunch predicament. i remember actually demanding lunch while filling out paperwork. i was so hungry. i remember i was thrilled when they had pb + ww bread, and an apple on the side. thats all i wanted, and i remember thinking "oh, cool. this place has the same food i usually eat," but...um...didnt expect it to be in the form of 3000 calories a day (at the end) DAMMN. right?!

    stay strong girl. love ya :)
    find me on faceboooooooook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. chobs, that is really cute! :)

    we all are allowed to have our moments and its okay! just remember that tomorrow you can wake up to a fresh start :) good luck with your papers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The liquid nitrogen comment does not sound weird AT ALL because I LOVE it too!! It's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. girl, i know you can get through this bump. you are so strong. i don't think you went overboard, thats just you ED talkking. have u read my normal eating post? normal eating is overeating at times. just remember that! and going to bed full every now and then is perfectly normal.

    good luck with the essays tonight!




    stay strong! ill be thinkin of you!!

    And Laura--can we do a meetup soon? when do u go home for break?



    PS-we are twins separated @ birth, swear to god!!! ummmm i nickname my food too. yippeeeee!

    ReplyDelete