I am the only person who gets stressed out by blogs!!
I love them to DEATH, but when I come on and I have so many blogs to read and comment I get so stressed. And then when I get awards for something I get embarressed/stressed. But I appreciate it so so much!! A SPECIAL thanks to Aussirish for awarding me the blog award!!! I will be awarding it to 8 more fellow bloggers VERY shortly.
But first and foremost. ANOTHER special thanks to Caroline for announcing me as one of the winners of the Nature's Path Give-a-way! I really hope I am able to receive that package before this Saturday so I can donate it to the local Happy Basket foundation! I'm sure they will be extremely surprised to see organic food donated! Actually...while we're on that topic, this past semester I took part in something called Husky Nutrition (UConn's mascot are the huskies!) where we went into downtown Hartford and volunteered at a place called The Catholic Worker House. This is a place where kids that live in less fortunate households can go on the weekend to stay warm and eat a good meal. As a member of this program, we prepared certain "lessons" to teach the kids about healthy eating. One week I remember teaching them how to make homemade apple cider! That was quite an experience! But it teaches them that healthy food doesn't have to taste terrible! And a few of those kiddos said they liked this 100% apple cider better than that fruit punch they have been drinking!
With that being said, I love being able to share the great taste of healthy foods with people that wouldn't ordinarily want to try it, let alone afford it! So thank you Caroline. I might have been a winner of that contest, but you're truley the generous one. You're making this happen!!
Thank you to EVERYONE who sent me good wishes at my doctors appointment today. Everything went VERY well, which was suprising to me because of my sickness this past weekend! I'm stable, and still have a lot of weight to gain, but knowing that I am able to care for myself even when I'm sick is SUCH a relief. And I left that appointment willing to stay on track, which is not ordinarily the case. ED likes to think that because I have two more weeks until my next appointment, that we can slack for one week. WELL THAT'S NO LONGER THE CASE!!! Thanks for being a great support ladies. I wish I could sit here and type each of you a long thank you letter....but that would be TOO much stress for me to handle!
NOW ON TO THE AWARDS!
(and I appologize if the names aren't you REAL names...I'm terrible with that!)
1. Ames- for putting a smile on my face regardless of the situation, and being such a sweetheart. For taking the time to write such thoughtful comments, finding me on facebook, and laughing through the hard times...even though we have never met. Thank you!
2. Aussirish- for giving me an award! <3 For staying positive, being compassionate, and reminding me that recovery is for myself.
3. K-for introducing me to TJ's (=] ) and rarely missing one of my posts. For giving me the much needed pushes to recover, and some of the BEST ideas for tasty snacks =]
4. Sharon- for making BY FAR the best (and most repetitive) sandwiches, and being such a great support.
5. Jenny -for her LOVE LISTS!! and seemingly endless kindness. For making me realize that "it's okay" and knowing that every life has it's "twists and turns".
6. Jen- for those very long posts that seem to put me in the greatest mood ever! For the support I need, and the kick-in-the-ass that ED needs.
7. Jenny- for becoming such a fast blog friend! For taking the time to comment on my posts even when I probably wouldn't have. And for her honesty.
8. Megan -for being BRUTALLY honest in the good times, and the bad. For being able to look into herself and try to understand her body to the fullest. For finding me on facebook, being a doll, and always making me feel comfortable to say how I feel...regardless.
(I'm doing more than 8)
9. Michelle -for teaching me that balance and smart food choices lead to a happy, healthy life.
10. KmKiely -for showing me that variety is fun! For being selfless and smart. Good luck on your exams girl!
11. Elise- for FLOORING me with her confidence and strength.
12. Lee- for EVERYTHING! For showing me that I am stronger than ED. For teaching me to be all that I truley am, and allowing me to see that. For her beyond inspirational morning posts that keep me going through the day.
13. Veggiegirl- for making some of the best looking vegan food out there! For being so quick to comment on anything, and always making me smile. For being so sweet and kind, and never negative.
I am SO SO SO sorry if I forgot you. Even if you have commented on my blog ONCE, you have in some way changed my life. I feel terrible knowing that I probably forgot people. Please don't take it personally. You are all absolutely amazing. You astound me with your beauty and your confidence. I never have 'met' such a kind, loving, and helpful group of people in my life...and I will forever be greatful. For those out there suffering from eating disorders- you ARE stronger than your disorder. You CAN and WILL beat it...and I will be here for you every step of the way. If recovery means two steps forward and one step back...then so be it. The WORLD needs all of you...all of us. WE will make a difference in the world, in the lives of others, and with ourselves. But we need to be strong, healthy, WELL-FED, in order to do it. So start now. Tell ED to PISS OFF! Your future lies ahead of you....and your eating disorder is not a part of it.