Saturday, December 13, 2008

It's Saturday!

&&&& my stomach is feeling great! How weird...just a 24 hour stomach bug. That's FINE by me though!

I woke up and wasn't hungry though. I ended up having coffee and an apple....and then really wanted a sandwich. So...I had it!

I ended up buying bread at TJ's that is higher cal than I usually buy. Normally I only eat bread that is 70 cals a slice, but this is 90. I am SO happy that I bought it though, because it tasted amazing, and it took a lot longer to eat...which is worth those extra 40 cals (big deal!).

I also had a little salad that I made at whole foods yesterday. It has grilled veggies and an edamame salad on it. Delish!


And I was still in the munching mood, even though I wasn't hungry. So I had some carrots with this!!->



How cute is that?! It's an applesauce-sized container of salsa. =]
And if salsa didn't bother my stomach, I don't think anything will!

Oh, and this is the coffee I had this morning, and the mug I had it is! (which is the reason for those annoying comments...sorry Jenny!)


I'm in a really good mood this morning, and I will be taking full advantage of it! It's finally sunny out, which I think is the first time in about a week! Later today my Dad and I are going to a country store to pick up different flavored tea's because him and I are determined to get me to like tea! We'll see... =P

And then after that I am going to a Christmas party for the Fire Station. There's this kid there that kind of likes me, but he's a huge jerk....and he doesn't know I'm going. Ehhh. He's made some comments to my sister about my size. In a way, I'm excited to act confident around him, and show him that I am SO much different than my size!

RANDOM LAURA-FACT!
I don't like melted peanut butter. It freaks me out, and I just discovered that. I like the consistency of thick, rich, UNmelted peanut butter! Is anyone else like this?

I'm really happy that I am starting to form my own opinions about food...not ED opinions. I used to tell people that I didn't like certain foods because ED told me that I shouldn't. I also kind of....uhm....exaggerated how lactose intolerant I was. My body can't take TOO much dairy, but I used to tell people that I couldn't have any dairy. Well, I'm definitely incorporating more into my diet, and just to protect my 'lie'...I just take lactaid pills with it. Please don't get me wrong, I DO have trouble digesting dairy, but not NEARLY as much trouble as my sister, my mom, and my aunt. It was believeable, and I am definitely embarressed and ashamed for lieing like that. But I'm moving on, and eating what I should be...so I feel good!

I have two snacks laid out for later. One is that gingerbread cookie! And the second one is that mocha yogurt that I got at TJ's. Well, I love putting my yogurt into the freezer, and how good does mocha frozen yogurt sound?! Can't wait!

Have a SUPER SATURDAY everyone!



"If one is a Greyhound, why try to look like a Pekingese?"
Edith Sitwell

11 comments:

  1. Hey there :) I've been reading your blog since you started, and I'm in recovering myself - you've helped me so much, along with all the other recovery bloggers. I felt I should start my own recovery blog, to help ME. Take a look :)

    http://recoveringfromedrediscoveringme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say I'm in recovery, not in recovering, haha, I'm clearly out of it today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great choice choosing the higher calorie bread! bread is the main component in a sandwich so is must be the best, right? :)

    i love the chocolate maple coffee! i always sample it in the store (at the mall of america) while i also wander the store, they have so many great treats! i'm actually headed there later today!

    i hope you are feeling better so you can enjoy your delicious ginger cookie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I usually go for higher caloric bread too, because I love bread. Great choice. Because your sandwich looks delicious too!

    And I am always in a munching mood! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha thanks for the response! I'll do that, I need to slowly start adding blogs to my vacant website! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you're feeling better! Love the ending of your post :) You are amazing girlie!

    CARROTS AND SALSA!! That is the cutest salsa container!

    ReplyDelete
  7. laura- okay your sandwich inspired me- let me tell you why- yesterday i posted about the nature's own double fiber bread i tried. it has 100 calories a slice so i only ate one slice of it and had a 40 calorie slice of bread with it. ed told me there is no way you need 200 calories worth of BREAD with lunch. i listened to him. but you (!!!) have encouraged me to eat a sandwich today with two slices of that bread, not one! the bread was SO good and I enjoyed the one slice yesterday...i know i will enjoy 2 slices even more and probably be A LOT more satisfied, ya know?
    ah sorry for that novel...haha :)
    yay for frozen mocha yogurt.
    have a wonderful saturday, lovey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the mug!!! :)

    Good for you on getting the bread you WANTED, and yay for it being tasty!

    haha I like peanut butter both ways I think, but I definitely don't like it TOO melty, because then I can't taste it or enjoy it, so I know what you mean.

    Have a great Saturday and have FUN at the party, you are doing awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog and I think it is so cute! Your eats look delish and I love the idea of putting yogurt in the freezer...mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. heya girlie
    well done on the bread :) thats great..i love bread and mine is like 100 cals...i slowly made my way up from pathetic 40 cal a slice pieces haha.
    im glad 2 hear ur feeling better!!
    mocha frozen yogurt?....yumm!!
    i love the mug its so cute,
    have fun 2nite and dont let that guy get to u hun!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are soooooo silly not to like melted PB, I LOVE it that way!!!!!!!!!!!
    Way to go on the bread!!! I havent made it to that step yet, but those hearty slices look sooo yummy!
    Glad you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete