Sunday, December 14, 2008

Listen to your body

This is what I'm doing today. I'm telling ED to be quiet, and eating what I want to eat, when I'm hungry! I'm tired of spending my days counting calories and worrying about meals. It's wasting my life, and I don't deserve it. I don't mean to seem like I am "copying" Lee but I am doing an experiment. Her's was longer than just a day, but I'm starting small! My mom is making a big dinner tonight and I woke up and remembered it and was going to skip breakfast. But then I realized that a big dinner is NO reason to deprive myself! So I had breakfast, and I am going to have lunch, and snacks, AND dinner. I WANT TO LIVE MY LIFE!

8 comments:

  1. Stay strong Laura, this is a wonderful post! You CAN do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you laura!!! that's great! i'm so proud of you for telling your ED to shut up and eat breakfast rather than skipping it! That's a bad habit of mine.. when I know i'm going to eat something big later in the day i tend to not eat before that to compensate (ex. thanksgiving :\) I can't wait to hear about all your delicious eats.. stay strong and enjoy eating your FOOD, not your calories!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU CAN DO IT!!! I love this post, you're so strong girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it. Stay strong Laura. We are all here for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an AWESOME goal! Tell Ed to take a hike today, you can do this!! I SOOOOO admire your strength for doing so!!! I dream of the day i could do that!

    Enjoy your day, the good eats and dinner with fam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. go you!!! And don't apologize (it sounds like you were ;)) for "copying" Lee, you weren't copying, just taking part in recovery! :)

    I so want to be free of calories and ED too. I'm planning a un-safe dinner tonight (linguine with broccoli, chicken and ALFREDO SAUCE, a big no no for ed, but the fiancee loves it) so I'll be thinking if you during dinner! Good luck and stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you got this girl. even if it's hard, just remind yourself that it totally gets easier with time!!!!

    ReplyDelete