Friday, December 5, 2008

Long Long day..

I hate posting things like this, but I just need to get it out!
I really didn't have a good day.

I couldn't sleep at all last night, and ended up rolling out of bed around 8:30. I went to go get my coffee and came back here to read some blogs. My roommate and I ended up going to the gym (I weighed myself...) and then went to get lunch. Afterwards we both made sure that the other one didn't get distracted and got some homework done! I actually accomplished a lot. I finished a 13 AND a 7 page paper, and started typing up my psych study guide. We took a break to go get some more coffee, but then came back and worked on MORE homework.

I don't know if it was the double coffee, or the fact that I WAY over-did it with the fresh veggies, but I was extremely bloated all afternoon. I know that bloated DOES NOT equal fat, but ED tells me it does, and today I believed him. And for some reason I just felt guilty for everything I ate!

And then it got worse! Because I felt terrible for laying in bed all day, and for being so bloated, so I went to the gym AGAIN! Ah, I hate that I did that!

Afterwards I did feel better though. I ended up having a bowl of kashi go-lean and a slice of wheat bread with peanut butter. And you know what? After the peanut butter- I felt AMAZING! I swear, I can't have a good day unless I eat pb. Either it's the taste, or the fact that my body was craving the fat (I was a little skimpy on that today...). Either way, I am okay now...just watching a Harry Potter marathon and RELAXING. Tomorrow is an exact repeat of today, so I'm going to try to cut back on filling up on fresh veggies and try eating things with more density and caloric value.

Have a great night everyone! Sorry there were no pictures, I just wasn't in the mood =/

7 comments:

  1. HUGS to you hun!!! Your blog is YOUR blog, so posting about bad days is important. Im sorry but remember tomorrow is a new day :)
    I get the same way with too many veges- especially when the Ed mindset makes me FILL up on too many of them vs. other good foods, then I get bloated.

    Sleep well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you did not have the best of days, sometimes it happens! Tomorrow will be better, just keep that in mind!! I hope you have sweet dreams tonight and feel better in the morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ~ Thanks for the comment! I'm sorry you had a bad day. :-( Having peanut butter always makes me feel good too - I think it's the protein that's so energizing!

    I can totally relate to your feelings of guilt for eating. That happens to me too. I guess we just need to keep reminding ourselves that our bodies need the calories to be healthy!

    I hope you have a better weekend!
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are SO welcome sweetheart!!! :) Thank YOU for the encouragement! Yes, most defintly you can add me to your blogroll :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry your day wasn't great :-( I just found your blog - there are so many recoverers out there and it just gives me so much hope :) You're on my favourites list already. Keep going, chica, you can do it. ED needs to be scratched off and flicked away like the dirty little scab it is! xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. hiya
    i love your blog :) and i can totally relate about the bloating an even though i know it doesnt =fat ed makes it seem that way. but the fact that u can distinguish that always helps!! im gonna follow ur blog if thats ok cause i think all us ed suffers need all the support we can get :) stay positive!!! oh and i love the harry potter movies too lol
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh goodness I'm PRAYING that your Saturday is going well, Laura!! Hang in there, girl!!

    ReplyDelete