Thursday, December 11, 2008

What's a picture?

Happy Thursday!
I know that pictures haven't been in my posts for QUITE a while now, however...things are about to change. And would you like to know why? Because TODAY, Laura went to TRADER JOE'S!!!!

I wish I could explain to you how excited I was when I walked in! I thought I was going to EXPLODE with excitement, and it literally took me a good half an hour to calm down and be able to calmly look around!!! I definitely walked through the store a good 5 times and each time I saw something new. Everyone there was so nice, and the prices were amazing, and the food. AH!! I want to just try a taste of EVERYTHING I bought. But that would ruin the surprise over the next few days, so I'm going to hold back the best I can!

OH and just to let you know, I didn't buy too much today. My mom is taking me to Whole Foods (tomorrow I think!) and she will buy that food. Today I had to use my money, and let's just say that I really need to go back to work PRONTO!

The Layout.


At the dining hall at school they have Dr. Praeger's, but I don't think it's the California veggie burger....I'll find out! And of course...some tofurkey. =P

Here's my bar story. They had a few Larabars but since they are expensive and have a bigger selection at Whole Foods, I'm going to wait until tomorrow. These three are completely NEW bars for me though. SO excited!


Oops! Laura got hungry on the way home!
Opinion: It's a tasty little bite! Literally, a bite. But oddly enough it left me satisfied. So I was a happy girl =]


I couldn't find Whole Wheat potato bread =[


1. I love the taste of Sesame and Ginger
2. Butternut Squash in a cannnnn
3. I don't know how to cook acorn squash!


Sorry it's blurry, they were getting too warm for my liking so I took the pictures FAST! But how can you go wrong with Pomegranate Greek Yogurt and Low Fat Mocha Yogurt?


Dedicated to Miss. K . I originally had the PB crunchy bars too, but realized that I still have a LOT of crunchy bars in my cabinet at home. So...I'm using that as a reason to go back before I return to school! And no Rudi's Bagels...I'm extremely upset. =[


OKAY. Now, quick explanation for the next few pictures. My school meal plan includes something called "points" that can be used at all the Cafe's around campus. I started with 500, which is pretty much 500 dollars to be used on coffee and sandwiches and other little things supplied by the Cafe's. Well...I misjudged how many I had, and ended up with over 200 points that I needed to spend in TWO DAYS!! Needless to say, I lost some money in the long run....but I picked up a bunch of stuff:

I think there are 12 Odwalla bars under there! And 6 packs of peanut M&M's. I got the granola sample for free in the mail, and purchased the lara bar and luna bar seperately.

For when I get the munchies...


"We're going to peanut butter mountain charlieeeee"




In addition to being on a shopping high (!) I also had an appointment with my new therapist today. She was SUCH a sweetheart, and even though it's a drive to get there...I think it will be worth it. Plus, she's halfway to TJ's. =]

12 comments:

  1. Love your TJ's purchases!!!! I just had that pomegranate yogurt today and you'll love it!

    Glad you had a good appointment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on going to see your therapist! she will help you immensely! i really want to try one of those jam frakas bars!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! Thanks for the shout out girl :) Hope you like them (I just had one of those today) Check for the Rudi's at WF, that's where I usually get them! The PB bars are a good excuse to go back!

    Glad to hear your appointment went well! Also, love the emergency "use up my food points" run :) Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I LOVE the peanut butter mountain! ;) I'm like a little kid in a candy shop when I go grocery shopping...I don't understand how some people hate it! I'm so happy you enjoyed your appt with your therapist today...BEST of luck, girl!! You are so strong and I KNOW you can do this! Yay for a trip to Whole Foods!! Let us know what you get! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH! Love the TJ's groceries. such good finds! i have a great acorn squash recipe/method i made up, so let me know if you want it. there are pics on my blog :)

    im glad your break at home is good so far, especially since you found a good therapist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I am so jealous! I'm seriously staring at the screen and going, "Oh man, I want that... and that, and that... and THAT!" Hahaha, hope you have a great trip to WF tomorrow. Can't wait to see what you haul back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. trader joe's is my favorite!!! no matter how many times i go, i always find something new to try!

    i've tried many of your purchases! dr. praeggers (i love these, a staple in my freezer) ginger sesame dressing (very good! i love this as a marinade) fig bars (like a giant fig newton!!!) whole wheat english muffins (so good, short list of ingredients, and so inexpensive) tofurkey (also a staple! i love it) and of course puffins (LOVE) and clif zbars, love love.

    im so glad you enjoyed your shopping trip! i love grocery shopping, i can also spend hours just walking each aisle :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. okay your blog is BEAUTIFUL. i love the layout and the setup!

    i'd love to talk to you more about your recovery process (same boat here!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. heya hun,
    good to hear u had fun shoppin, the foodies looks so yummy that u got :) i wish we had wholefoods here.
    good luck with the new therapist, hope it goes well. any nice plans for the weekend?
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey - just to answer your question from my blog...

    The gingerbread one that I’ve been eating I actually made - I can send you the recipe if you would like :) Other wise I eat TJs vanilla almond or Nonna’s.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your new blog lay out :D AWW i miss my meal plan so much! haha all my friends had so much extra $$ at the end of the semester we'd go nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow look at this new blog!! your great! i like the header.

    so jealous that you are done. when do you go back to school?

    ps i like ur study snacks. MMMMH PEANUT BUTTER

    ReplyDelete