Monday, February 2, 2009

Amazed

Girls, I have absolutely NO idea how all of you manage school, work, activities, AND this blog! I mean, keeping updated is one thing but updating my own blog on a regular basis?! I feel like it's impossible and I want to apologize now for my absence! I'm trying my hardest!

Due to an OVERLOAD of stories, my article wasn't able to be published today, but Julie said that it should be in tomorrows paper so I'm crossing my fingers! I'm really excited to see if I get contacted by anyone here on campus. I don't really have anyone here at school that I can talk to and really relate to, and of course if I'm able to help them as well I would be just enthralled!

This post is all over the place!!! I guess its just a parallel to my brain right now!
I had a doctors appointment today and it was a good one!! I read an article posted by Jem last week about a girl who died in her sleep due to complications related to her eating disorder, and what was especially terrifying was that she wasn't even at an extremely low weight. Now, I don't want to make this a depressing post or anything, but this really got me to thinking about my life, and what I've made my parents and everyone around me go through. My mom spends so much of her days just worrying herself sick over me, afraid that something is going to happen- especially now that I'm at school. I've lost the last three years of my life to calorie counting and self hate and doctors appointments upon doctors appointments and I've had enough! I get so upset about these things but then forget that there's a solution. Granted, an extremely difficult and LENGTHY solution, but I have decided to officially take action. I cut back my time at the gym (every other day, and shorter workouts), increased my calories (working on spreading it THROUGHOUT the day as opposed to just at night), and tried to keep my mind occupied with other things besides food!

As everyone has probably already read AND commented on, Amy asked all of us to think about the things we loved before ED. To be honest, this took me quite a bit of time to think about but I realized that the one thing that I have always had a passion for is taking care of animals. It's such a simple concept, but there is just something so theraputic about helping them. So I decided to take action (I feel like I should title this post "taking action!") and am going to attend an Equine Club meeting on Thursday. I'm SO excited!

ALSO, tomorrow is my first Yoga Club meeting. I am getting involved and learning to live my love, and Learning to love it at the same time.

I love all of you girls. Pictures WILL be in the next post, I promise <3

P.S. Am I dreaming, or is that last comment on my last post real?

12 comments:

  1. AND I, MY ANGEL GIRL, AM AMAZED BY Y.0.U.

    This post made me S0 HAPPY! I love you sweetie n am so incredibly proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear things are going so well for you! Hope all goes great with the Yoga Club meeting, sounds super exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SOoooOoo happy that you are going to the equine club! Did you ever ride? that's amazing and im glad i could help you get in touch with these inner-loves! yay!

    amazing article....how did you get recognized at school? thats SO cool! i'd love to be featured in our newspaper...HAHH yeah, right.

    love you!
    <3
    ames.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really inspired by reading this post! Your firm decision to take action and get healthy no matter what is great! And it seems you are taking all the right steps. I know one of my biggest obstacles is thinking about ED too much, and I am not as active in groups or activities so I have no way to occupy my mind. It's important to find yourself outside of your ED.
    You are doing awesome. Just keep fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear that your brief absence was due to business instead of a bad day! It sounds like you are making lots of positive decisions right now, based on reality and your health, not what dumb old ED says!

    ReplyDelete
  6. heya hun,
    glad to hear your going to a yoga meeting :) have fun!!

    i know the blogging and college etc can all get very hectic and hard to keep up with...i manage due to my easy coll hours!!

    i cant wait to hear the reaction to the article...lauras gonna be a star on campus :)

    have a great night cutiepie,
    love you loads
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! I'm so happy for you Laura!! You have so much to look forward to and have a great plan set out for you :) I'll keep saying this, you're an amazing and inspiring girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a happy post! im glad everything is going well sweetie :) you are so inspiring!

    best of luck with your new goals and activities!

    p.s i read that story last week of jem's blog and i too, was in shock. the effect definitely pushed my motivation and desire to gain weight/eat more/recover!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love reading your blog, and i wanted to thank you for being so courageous in agreeing to that article. i wish it could be published in every college's newspaper because so many people are so misled about eating disorders and the people who suffer from them.
    i'm glad you're taking action and pursuing your passions. i look forward to reading about how equine club goes!
    -jenni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    I ready your comment on Amy's blog, and I want to say thank you so much for saying it..."But honestly, you can begin to feel like a woman again. A proud, strong, HEALTHY woman who is now at a point in her life where if she wanted to, she could bare children."
    I am at a point in my life where I want to have children, but sadly, my ED keeps me from providing myself and my loving husband with such joy.
    Best of luck with your journey on recovery, it sounds like you are in the right frame of mind to really make some changes!
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  11. i go to williams college, which is up in northwest mass, pretty close to both vermont and new york state
    ...sadly, i don't think our newspaper would be daring enough to ever post an article like the one about you. i can always hope, though...

    ReplyDelete