Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Say it ain't so!

This is an apology to my beloved and year-long best friend- Kashi Crunchy Bars. But I think I may have found a new favorite...a new companion. Although very different in taste, composition, and sustenance, I believe that this new bar surpasses KCB in flavor and texture. Who is this new owner of my palate and my heart? Why...it's the KIND Walnut and Date Bar of course!


I was pretty nervous about this bar before I ate it. I had heard quite a few mixed reviews about this brand, and it was all that I had on hand to keep me fueled through my music class (and trust me, I needed ALL the fuel I could get!). However, this bar did not disappoint in any way, shape, or form! It was absolutely delicious! It tasted like Walnuts and Dates...and nothing else! The way it should be! And it's texture was perfectly chewy, so I could savor the flavor for MUCH longer than I would have if it wasn't chewy! I highly recommend this bar to anyone who likes Dates and Walnuts. It was amazing!!!


On another note, I highly recommend that everyone check's out Amy's post today. She wrote about how she is SO much more than just a girl with an eating disorder. There are so many different layers that make up Amy, and I believe this holds true for every single one of us! I was going to comment with my answer (saying who I am) but instead I decided to post it on here- so I will be able to read it whenever I begin to get consumed by my alter-wanna-be-ego, Mr. ED.

So here we go.

I am...

A sister and a daughter. A laughter and a dreamer. A goof, a klutz, a seeker and a listener. I am a full-time optimist, and a part time clown. I am a helping hand, a shoulder to cry on, and a phone-call away. I am a swimmer, a bookworm, a volunteer, a learner, a student, a teacher. I am a lover of life and a lover of love. I am a daydreamer, and a scientist. I am a girl who isn't afraid to be herself. I am who I am...nothing more, nothing less.

10 comments:

  1. heya girlie
    sorry i missed your last posts, my internet was down!!

    but im so so glad your article had such a great responose and its so great ppl have contacted u about it :) ur an inspiration!!

    about the rommate thing and feeling triggered...remeber hun its just an experiment..shes not doing it for ed related reasons and remeber your your own person...your laura who needs fuel to survive and become healthy and try not to let external factors influence your intake as hard as that is. and if your really having trouble maybe try to not be around her when shes eating small amounts so you cant feel triggered?

    have a great night hun,
    love you lots
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! i've been eating that bar a lot the past week! it is SOOO GOOD!! there is another fruit and nut one that i love too! :) loved your "i am" tid bit :) and i think the oatmeal adora combo is clever but something about melting a supplement in oatmeal gives me the heeby jeebies! to each their own i guess :) have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful, just like you! I am so happy my little posty helped you :) I thank you for your kind words about me, and about you. You deserve each and every identity and role you present yourself with. Live up to those roles--not the ones of an eating disordered victim. You're already doing an amazing duty to your inner "person". Love you!! Yay Laur!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh silly laura, you forgot some things! you are also a beautiful, strong, inspirational, courageous, generous, motivated woman..who i love a whole lot! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think 'I am who I am' is one of the most important and hardest things we recover-ers have to learn! I got one of those Kind bars from my Secret Cupid. Now I'm EXTRA excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kind Bars Rock!

    Love the I am! We could all benefit from doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i have never tried a KIND bar, but they sound good.

    i didn't think UCONN was a party school - glad you told me. Im not really into that stuff, but since UCONN is my state school i'll still be applying. Im visiting the campus over the summer and SO EXCITED :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. haven't had a kind bar...i'm a die hard kashi fan...we shall see.

    love the i am's! i seriously need to do that too.

    ReplyDelete