Thursday, February 26, 2009

This just in...

Laura just had Barney Butter for breakfast....and LIKED IT!!
I've tried and tried to like an form of Almond butter, and with the exception of Naturally Nutty's Vanilla Almond butter, it's been a lost cause. However this morning I was in a hurry and needed something quick, so I grabbed my last individual packet of BB and threw it on a Sandwich thin and it HIT the spot!!! I was so proud of my tongue for liking it this time =]

As for this little fella- (which I tried to crop as much as possible since we know ED judges!)

I want to thank EVERYONE for your kind comments. I wasn't sure how everyone would react to it, but I'm glad there were no negative thoughts thrown around =]
Just to answer a few of your questions:
1. Yes, this is my first tattoo, and I completely understand why people say they are addicting now! However, I don't plan on getting any more.
2. It really didn't hurt! My roommate was in the room with me and she looked like a wreck! I was actually texting my friend while it was being done (something she can't understand HOW I did!)


I'm not sure if it's possible for a tattoo to give you confidence, but I can honestly say that ever since I got this I have been overflowing with it!! I'm not sure WHERE it came from...but I feel so free in regards to ED! I haven't been so focused on my body, or what I'm eating, but instead just listening to it. I think a little bit of that believing soaked through my skin!!! I'm not complaining!!

I will update more either later or tomorrow. Actually, remember that boy "B"? Well...I'm going to an Engineering formal with him tomorrow. So this little lady needs to get dressed up!

Have a terrific thursday!! <3

p.s. Want to win a free box of Jocalat bars?! Katie from Chocolate-Covered Katie is giving away a free box so be sure to check it out here!!!

15 comments:

  1. ahh this post just made me so happy in so many ways! almond butter, freedom, and getting dressed up to go out with the boy! YAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh im glad you enjoyed barney's - i'm so obsessed <3

    and im glad that tat is giving you some confidence - work it, girl and wear it proudly! love you <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. BB is the best! did you have smooth/crunchy!?! let me kno if you need any advice/help on tattoo aftercare :) oxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a recovery tattoo as well. Its a broken and sewn up heart that says "Vivero e Prevarro" above it (italian for "I will live and overcome." All of my tattoos make me feel better, more comfortable in my body. So I can totally understand why the tat gives you confidence - I don't think its unusual at all.
    I think its wonderful that you did something like this for yourself.
    Almond butter is pretty awesome once you find how you like it. If only it was as cost-efficient as peanut butter...Anyways! I just wanted to say how amazing it is that you are going through recovery on your own, in college no less! I am recovering myself (for the 6th time I'm afraid) And I had to withdraw from school to do it. So, its really quite a feat to stay in school and get yourself healthy at the same time. You should be proud, and you should believe in yourself. You are more powerful than you think.
    xo
    Tori

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am so happy that you have found inner strength! you really inspire me :)
    lots of love xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. heya hun
    im so glad your feeling so positive :) it sure seems like some of that believing soaked through allright :)
    ooo have a wonderful time at the formal!
    love you lots
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tori-
    If you get this please email me!
    laura.carr@uconn.edu

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. so jealous of the BB- glad you enjoyed it!

    LOVE the tattoo! Good call on not getting it on your wrist- I debated for a long time between wrist and eslewhere, and finally got a rose on my stomach...(I was only 15- oops).

    This is my first comment but have been reading for a while- so, hello!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am dying to try barney butter!

    im glad your tattoo wasn't too painful! I heard they were really painful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the link!
    And ouch! You're so brave!!!! Needles scare me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooray for tattoos (none of my own -- I don't even have any piercings!) and Barney Butter! I've gotta find some to try soon.

    ReplyDelete