Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wannaby Wallaby.

I was feeling adventurous, so I dug into my Australia stash this morning!


This one was a Macadamia and Fruit bar, and was so good! It definitely had a different taste than any other bar that I've ever had, but the more I chewed, the more I wanted to keep chewing! There were HUGE pieces of Macadamia nuts- I'm talking, almost halves. As well as apricots and mango- all of which could be seen and tasted. Thanks again Lauren!

And for lunch, I just wanted to share with you my new favorite sandwich combination. I had it a few nights ago, but managed to snap a picture this time! I'm no longer afraid to whip my camera out in public. At least, not when I'm alone!


This sandwich is on two slices of Whole Wheat bread, with extra hummus, spinach, pickles, and tomatoes. So simple, yet so satisfying. And that's what I am aiming for right? Satisfaction!
______________________________

Our beloved Jenny granted my wish of being interviewed, however I had absolutely no idea how difficult it would be for me to answer these questions. I'm sorry if they are a bit disappointing! I have two exams tomorrow morning (ending by 10:30) and then I need to pack to go home (I couldn't be MORE excited!). So, needless to say, I have a lot to do today, which cuts down on blog time! But I wanted to post this interview so Jenn Jenn didn't think I'm ignoring her!!

1. If you were on your death bed (gruesome, I know) and could eat one food before you died, what would it be? I'm combining two foods, to make one "snack." Because I'm on my death bed, and the people around me will obviously allow me two foods (actually...3. I lied). Anyways. I would want a HUGE bowl of cereal, with vanilla soymilk, and a spoon full of Naturally Nutty's Butter Toffee Peanut Butter. A lot of people don't know this about me, but I rarely ever go a day without a big bowl of cereal. I just can't do it! I guess in Blog Land cereal to me is like oats to all of you. Except I usually have it sporadically- rarely ever in the morning. Usually after lunch or dinner. It satisfies my sweet tooth and my carb cravings. In fact, I just finished a bowl as we speak. And the peanut butter- well I don't know how many of you have tried the Butter Toffee Peanut Butter, but it's probably the best PB I've EVER had!
2. Who is one person (dead of alive) that you truly admire, and why?
Chuck Klosterman. I know I "should" by talking about my mother or best friend, but everyone- even them- already know how much I admire them, and love them, and couldn't live without them. Chuck Klosterman on the other hand, doesn't even know I exist (except for the very brief book signing I went to a few summers ago).



Oh so embarressing. But meeting him and listening to him speak was such an honor. He's one of my all time favorite authors- writing about music, and love (or lack there of), and just speaking what is on his mind. He holds nothing back. He is sarcastic, witty, extremely intelligent, and above all- independent and unique. He makes me think, laugh, question myself and my world. And anyone who can do that is definitely worth admiring, don't you think?

Here are a few quotes by him if you're interested. I might be expanding on a few of these in later posts:

"It's far easier to write why something is terrible than why it's good. If you're reviewing a film and you decide "This is a movie I don't like," basically you can take every element of the film and find the obvious flaw, or argue that it seems ridiculous, or like a parody of itself, or that it's not as good as something similar that was done in a previous film. What's hard to do is describe why you like something. Because ultimately, the reason things move people is very amorphous. You can be cerebral about things you hate, but most of the things you like tend to be very emotive." "But whenever I meet dynamic, nonretarded Americans, I notice that they all seem to share a single unifying characteristic: the inability to experience the kind of mind-blowing, transcendent romantic relationship they perceive to be a normal part of living. And someone needs to take the fall for this. So instead of blaming no one for this (which is kind of cowardly) or blaming everyone (which is kind of meaningless), I'm going to blame John Cusack." "People who talk about their dreams are actually trying to tell you things about themselves they’d never admit in normal conversation."

3. If you were to pick one animal that most resembles you (no, not physically...well i supposed it can be physically if you’d like!) what would it be and why?
I'll be honest. I took a "which animal are you" quiz. Apparently I'm a horse. Which is fine by me because I LOVE horses. =)



4. What is your favorite possession that you just could never live without?
I hope you don't mind....but I'm going to take a raincheck on this question.

5. What is your favorite quote/anecdote/song lyrics/poem/etc. What attracts you so much to this?
I have so many affirmations that I read every single day, and they really help me get through my day. However, for this question I'm going to use a line in a song that I have been in love with since even before my ED began. It's by the Format and the song is called "On Your Porch".


whats left to lose?
I've done enough. and if I fail well then I fail
but i gave it a shot


This line just SPEAKS to me, and whenever I'm feeling down I remind myself that it's always worth a shot- don't fear failure.

Oh gosh, now that I think about it I have SO many more lyrics that I want to share with you! Maybe a daily lyric section?

Here's one more. =]

You said you can’t keep on running forever
Love is the only forever.
(Zox//7th Avenue Prophet)

To play along:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me." 2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions). 3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions. 4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post. 5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


And one last thing (longest post ever...I know, and I'm sorry!) But I just wanted to mention that I absolutely LOVE seeing videos of my fellow bloggers. It makes everyone seem so much more REAL, if you know what I mean. I can also put a voice and personality to your writing. So I encourage everyone to post a little video if you're feeling up for it! No one will judge here, and I might do the same.

<3<3

13 comments:

  1. Hey, Laura! I'm a horse lover as well! I was CRAZY about them when I was in middle school!

    I still haven't been picked by anybody for an interview, so if you feel so inclined...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous sandwich! it has all the colors of the rainbow in it, just about.

    i've never heard of chuck klosterman, but after reading those quotes, i really want to read something by him. do you have any recommendations of where i should start?

    also, i would love to be interviewed

    ReplyDelete
  3. heya hun
    aw yay im so glad you enjoyed the bar :)
    i loved this entry girlie, i always love these types og things in the blogging world, it helps us get to know eachother more!
    have a great night
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome interview !! :) :)

    that sammy looks sooooo yummo up close! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sam is lookin' mighty tasty!

    I LOVE your interview! I think it's refreshing to read your answer to number two :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Umm, toffee peanut butter?? Why have you been hiding this...the filling in my wedding cake was a chocolate mousse with bits of toffee...between that and chocolate chip cookie dough pb, I have so much to try!
    Love the interview, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the interview! i still need to get some of that PB grr...aaaaaaand those aren't all my exchanges...i don't use all the beads because of supplements and what not, gotta love Boost and cereal :) give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. May I be the 93275 person to say that your sandwhich looks mouthwatering?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahh no i guess i should have clarified...i got the coffee and SF syrup at wegmans they didn't have anything of the sorts at wf! wegmans has a bunch of syrups for coffee or tea or whatever

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's really an experience to meet one of your favorite authors - I met Chuck Palahniuk a few years ago. He was just as candid and shocking as his writing can be - but hearing him speak only magnified the regard I have for him.

    If you're still game for giving interviews, I'd love to get one. Also, do you have any recommendations for other bars w/ macadamia nuts?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been reading your blog for awhile, but I don't know if I've ever commented before, so hey!
    I NEED some of that Butter Toffee PB!! I keeps popping up all over everyone's blogs and it looks soooo good! oh, and I'd love to be interviewed!

    ReplyDelete