Friday, March 20, 2009

A challenge day. [EDITED TO ADD]

I AM LOVING TODAY!!!
First of all, after my "larger than normal" breakfast, I indulged (positively!) in a 3 hour nap! Followed by errands to the pharmacy and market, and then lunch at our Organic Dining hall. Now GET THIS GIRLS! Lunch included- a salad with carrots, black beans, pinto beans, and balsamic. A sandwich on wheat with hummus and lettuce. AND one scoop of chocolate + one scoop of vanilla Tofutti Ice Cream!!! HELL YEAH! I wasn't even hungry for the ice cream, but everyone I was with was getting some, and I've never had that brand, and what the hell right?
I feel so IN CONTROL over this. Eating structured meals is making me feel wonderful and free! I never would have imagined...
=D

______________________________



No pictures, sorry!
I just wanted to let all of you girls know that every single one of your comments brought a smile to my face. I don't mention it often, but every time I get an email saying that I have a new comment, my spirit is lifted just a little more. Each thoughtful comment is appreciated SO much and I could never begin to thank everyone enough for the inspiring words and heartfelt comments that have been left on every single one of my posts. This community means so much to me, and I wish I could do SOMETHING to show you girls how much it really DOES mean to me. So thank you <3

Just as all of you said...today is a new day, and it's a MUCH better day. I decided to challenge myself today. Normally I get caught up with just grazing all day. It's a bad habit that I got into once I began recovery. I'm comfortable with it because I don't get really really hungry, but I never get full either. I also don't take in enough calories throughout the day. So this morning I woke up with a plan. It's simple, but I'm going to eat three GOOD meals, and 3 dense snacks. I almost bailed out on the way back from class this morning, telling myself that I just felt like a granola bar for breakfast, but I was able to separate this (ED) thought from MY thoughts, and waltzed right into the dining hall and plated myself some scrambled eggs, toast, and an apple. With coffee+soymilk of course!! It was delicious...yet I was still hungry. So I had some cottage cheese and felt satisfied. I didn't count calories, or pay attention to serving sizes. I just took what I felt like, and what I was hungry for...and that's that. I can tell today is going to be a MUCH better day than yesterday...

Have a wonderful day everyone!

21 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear today is going better than yesterday! Doesn't it feel great to eat according to your body's cues?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh you're amazing! Great job challenging yourself today! You're rockin it. I am so proud of you girl!!! Have a great rest of your day. I'm sending positive energy your way!
    ~lex

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rockstar! That's really amazing--I'm so proud and envious! I'm going to have to issue that challenge to myself. Have a GREAT day, listen to your body, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi girlie
    im so so proud of you :) way to go for making a plan today and being totally ready to stick to it :) have a wonderful day mdear, im so glad to hear how much happier your feeling!
    love you lots
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go Laura! I'm always dying to having scrambled eggs in the morn..but I just hate the fact of having to sit in the dining hall with other people...I really prefer to eat alone..but you know what..it shouldnt matter anyways..if I want eggs..by golly I should have eggs..and way to go on guaging your hunger and eating til you full! Love ya girl!

    -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. good for you girl! keep that up! and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just remember..( sorry i meant to comment on the last post but it slipped my mind) at this point in the game there is no such thing as eating TOO many calories. don't even get that in your head. so you think you "binged"...SO WHAT because right nwo it IS about gaining your health back and i'm sure the reason behind that has to do a lot with your body WANTING and NEEDING food and nutrients, even if you feel as if you eat enough during the day..your body always needs more.
    i love you and im here if you need me or have questions
    xo
    -kATH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Remember there is no upper limit for calories when you are trying to gain - if you want more you damn well have more! <3 you loads and loads and KEEP GOING xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. you go, Laur!! I know the challenge days are the hardest - but they are what will pay off in the end! I hope tonight you feel ACCOMPLISHED and PROUD OF YOURSELF because you should. Good luck with conquering all of your challenges today pretty girl <3 xo I know you can do it!

    -Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. laura!!!

    i am so proud of your and your latest accomplishments :D there are going to be bumps in the road, but we have the power to change! what you have done is amazing, very inspiring for me to keep on going and listen to my body.

    calorie counting - been there, done that. eating intuitively and using exchanges. best method, ever.

    love you loads! happy friday! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY!!! I'm so proud of you!!

    Have a fabulous Friday, chick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super jealous of your organic dining hall! Go you! Keep it up, soak up that positivity!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a great plan! I am so glad that you are having a good day. You sound confident and happy, which warms my heart.

    I do know how you feel about this community -- and about receiving comments! The support from the community is so amazing.

    Keep up the great attitude!

    PS: I am also totally jealous of your organic dining hall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY for a great day!!! you so deserve it girl!!
    Your lunch sounds soo yummy, keep up the good work!! Im so proud of you = )
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so amazing! (and inspiring!). I know what you mean about the comments in your inbox....totally make your day! Have a fabulous day fellow gilmore girl enthusiast (haha I couldn't think of a word!).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keep up the amazing work you are doing. You are so positive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great attitude!!! I am glad that you are able to seperate your ED thoughts from what Laura really wants. What an inspiring day!
    KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HECK YES FOR ICECREAM/INDULGING :)
    your doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for the lovely comment! I'm glad you had such a marvelous day. Amazing job challenging yourself! I hope that now you see how carefree living without ED is, you'll have even more motivation to recover.

    Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
  19. way to rock that! ice cream is one of my fave ways to indulge, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey girl!! Thanks for the comment! :) From this post it sounds like you had a great day!!! Keep on feeding your body, do whatever will piss mr. ed offffffff haha!

    ReplyDelete
  21. amazing job laura!! ice cream with lunch? you are just a star! i look up to you soo much for this-- i'm still afraid to do that but hearing that you did is so inspiring! :) thanks for this post. xoxox

    ReplyDelete