Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Today.

Today I challenge myself…to not lift up my shirt every time I pass by a mirror. To eat what I crave instead of what I feel I SHOULD have. Today I challenge myself to smile a little more, and worry a little less- to open my eyes to the wonders of the world, beyond the stress that comes with food. Today I challenge myself to forget about my weight, and worry about numbers that really matter- likes grades, music chords, and math equations. Today I challenge myself to be confident, no matter what I am doing -to live according to me, and my plan- not ED and his. Today I challenge myself to stop calorie counting, to stop making excuses, and to try to remember who I was before the disorder. Today I challenge myself to call my family, my friends, and talk about what they want to talk about. Today I challenge myself to a cookie, or an ice cream cone, or any other dessert that my tongue pleases. Today I challenge myself to lift weights instead of run, to remember that my body is a temple, not a slave. Today I challenge myself to listen to music that motivates me, to be a little less uptight and a little more carefree. Today I challenge myself to smile at a stranger, compliment a friend, and hug an acquaintance.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

What will you do?




(Got Granola?)

21 comments:

  1. Wow. That gave me the chills! My favorite is "My body is a temple, not a slave." So true.

    Today, I will dive into the difficult projects I've been putting off and embrace the struggle. I will lace up my sneakers and finally hit the pavement again. I will tell my roommates how much I appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some pretty awesome challenges! I might just steal some of yours, if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. today is your day Laura.. I wish you all the strength in courage in the world to succeed in these goals. You can do it <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, beautifully written Laura. That was so bold and inspiring.
    Today...I challenge myself to get whatever flavor ice cream I want - not what flavor ED says is "okay" for me to have. And I'll be damned if its not full-fat. I will make my increase, no matter what, because I know I need to push through that barrier as quickly as possible so I can get comfortable with it sooner. If UCONN wasn't so far from Bridgeport, I'd say we should get those ice cream cones together haha.
    I hope you enjoy this day, and that it liberates you.
    xo
    Tori

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! So motivating and inspirational. You are so right, today is the first day of the rest of your life. Live it up, girl. I hope you have an amazing day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow fantastic challenges girlie :) u can do them all! this post is so motivating, i too challenge myself to all of the same things :)
    have a fantastic day hun
    love you lots
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are GREAT challenges. Good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You say it girl!!! this is not only your day but your week, month year....and REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!
    Every step you take gets you that much closer to FREEDOM from ED and FREEDOM IN LAURA!
    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some very good challenges. Even though the past few days have been lousy for me, I challenge myself to not punish myself by restricting. Thank you for your words of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you pretty much said it all!!! Those are great challenges and words to live by!..and not just for today!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey sweets!

    That really was beautifully composed. As with Anna, my fave part was "My body is a temple, not a slave." This is so true, yet ED wants it to be his slave.

    I know you can meet all of those challenges. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful post Laura. I love "Today I challenge myself to be confident, no matter what I am doing -to live according to me, and my plan..."
    Thank you for the inspiration.

    I truly want to stop making excuses and be honest about everything (even if that means that I am listening to ED right now).

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your challenges are amazing as is your motivation..you go girl! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. YES your body is a temple not a slave! These are such great challenges, I love how they're all little things that add up to something wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is awesome. Beautiful. Inspiring.

    Thanks for posting.

    -E

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent. I will try to join you in the no-shirt-lifting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. great post! i cant wait to hear how your challenges went :)

    so inspiring girl! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a beautifully written challenge. Hang in there girl! You are strong and can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I missed you too girl! Amazing post..very inspiring :-D

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful, powerful, inspiring. you've totally inspired me to challenge myself as well.
    today, I shall be happy and at peace no matter how much/what I eat. Just enjoy life as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  21. hey laura thanks for the commentxx

    ReplyDelete