Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sporadic Posting.

That seems to be what I've been feeling like doing...so why not?! Writing in this blog isn't a trigger for me, it's reading other blogs. So you may occasionally (or more than occasionally) see updates from me, especially as I enter the Wonderful World of Residential.

As for this post...there are two things that I want to mention.

First and Foremost!
I am trying to compile a list of both music and books to bring with me to the program. I will be putting together a playlist which I will properly call my "Recovery" playlist. I am looking for more mellow music, because when I was at Partial I realized that this type of music is really soothing to both my mind and my soul. Songs like "Why"(the remix) by Annie Lennox and "Only Love Remains" by JJ Heller are sort of what I am looking for. So if you don't mind, could you give those songs a listen and give me any recommendations you can think of? I would really appreciate it!

Also. Books. I always loved reading, but ED doesn't enjoy the whole "being stationary" thing. Well well well! Things are about to change because I have no option at this program (for the most part). Also, seeing as my mom works at a library, I have no excuse to not read! I'm not a huge fantasy person, and by that I pretty much mean I would rather watch grass grow, or watch a full game of cricket, than read a fantasy novel. No offense to all those Cricket players out there! =P. But seriously, my favorite books are those by Chuck Palahniuk and Chuck Klosterman...since when has the name Chuck been so popular!? Anywhew...I'm basically just asking for any recommendations! I would really REALLY appreciate it!! Thanks girls <3 style="font-weight: bold;">

Secondly!

As most of you know, this weekend was a glimpse of summer here in the NorthEast. A tease? Perhaps. But no one said that a tease is always a bad thing. In addition to the wonderful weather, it was also Spring Weekend at UConn- read: a weekend to get completely wasted and not remember anything that happened.

I am the exception.

Instead of going out partying and forgetting my name- I decided to get together with friends and get in touch with nature. We decided to go on a hike- where we proceeded to get lost and sunburnt, but enjoy each others company nevertheless. It was during this time that I realized what I truly live for- nature, friends, being outdoors, etc. Here are some pictures which document the day:




Two funniest guys you will ever meet...I swear.






(Warning...adult content to follow...sort of...)



Come on, how cool is this? You can see the strand of eggs!




That girl is one of my roommates next year, and the boy in the white is her boyfriend. The other boy is his best friend.


Horse Barn Hill...I swear, UConn is NOT completely Hicksville..

Alright, that's all I have for this post! I think today I'm going to grab my camera and go exploring again. My mind is truly at ease when I'm surrounded by nature, and what better than being able to capture the glorious world around and sharing it with others?

<3

12 comments:

  1. hi hun

    im so glad you had such a good week with your friends :) the pictures are beautiful!

    good luck with resedential girlie, i know you have it in you to do so many wonderful things, including recovery, so keep fighting :) youll get there!

    love u
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the nature photos. My friends and I do exactly what you all did...just explore the surroundings around our university. Its so enlightening to see things other than keg stands and campus bullshit! :D

    Mellow Music: Frou Frou "Let Go", Anything by Bob Marley, Allman Brothers "Blue Skies" or "Sweet Melissa" ?

    Books: The Tao te Ching of Lao Tzu (kind of like Buddhism ideas) or Buddhism: Plain and Simple. These are good for "deep thinking".

    Have a great day exploring...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great to hear from you girl, and i love those photos =)!

    oh uconn weekend, you bet your ass that my boyfriend was NOT an exception and definitely got wasted haha.. but i'm glad you were able to enjoy yourself in such a beautiful way with the people you are care about - awesome girl :)

    enjoy the rest of the school year! almost donezooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be-U-tiful pictures!! Glad you were able to enjoy your weekend the way you wanted!

    Mellow jams: I'll email you a whole bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see a post from you! I haven't been reading many blogs lately but I always check and see if you update yours.

    I love the nature photos! Sounds like you had a really relaxing time.

    My favorite mellow song is "Brightly Wound" by Eisley. And I just finished two good books: When We Were Romans by Matthew Kneale; and The Curious Incidence of the Dog in the Night-Time. They're both from the viewpoints of children but they're really engrossing.

    Enjoy your week, love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW what a great weekend! That frog pic is crazy...that strand of eggs looks like a necklace lol! I LOVE that Annie Lennox song, but I never knew who sang it! Thanks for sharing :)

    Mellow music I like: anything Jack Johnson, Ben Harper's "walk away" and "diamonds on the inside," "something over the rainbow" by this hawaiian singer Israel K.......something really long that I don't know how to spell! Sara Bareilles (basically her whole cd, but I REALLY love "Gravity" "City") and "where I stood" by missy higgins.

    Hope you find something you like!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos! There's nothing like some quality time outside with friends to break up the monotony of college- too much time spent inside! Glad your weekend was a success. As for music, I find that mellow jazz really relaxes me. It's hard to get too worked up listening to Miles Davis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i will help ya out with music a tad later since i can't get my thoughts all together :) but book wise..jodi picoult is amazing, and of course the twilight series :)

    we shall talk soon dearrr

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey girl, glad to see you posted <3

    I love Chuck Palaniuk too! Some other books I've liked have been "Brave New World" by Alduous Huxley, "We the Living" by Ayn Rand (actually - I love Ayn Rand in general, but Atlas Shrugged and Fountainhead are quite massive) Boomsday by Christopher Buckley..oh there's really a million actually.
    As far as songs go, I don't know that we really have the same taste in music - but things that make feel good are bands like Rise Against (Sufferer and the Witness), RX Bandits (Progress), and The Pippettes ("Pull Shapes" is my fave. song)
    Good luck and keep on living your life to the fullest <3

    ~Tori

    ReplyDelete
  10. :)

    Glad you're still around, at least occasionally.

    Loveyababe.

    -E

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great time and beautiful pics! What is BJ's? We must not have it?! And if it is a typo for TJ's, we dont have that either :( lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Imogen Heap is wonddddahhful

    ReplyDelete