Sunday, April 5, 2009

A wonderful wonderful weekend!

Oh girls, why can't EVERY weekend be like this past one?! ED was honestly NON-Existent!! I don't know where he ran off to, but I hope that he stays there! Yesterday was wonderful- my sister and I woke up late, got ready, and headed to Brunch at the dining hall. I ate what I wanted, which included eggs, toast, and peanut butter. Afterwards I was STILL hungry, so I chowed down on a Luna bar.

While shopping, however, I decided to try on a bikini- pretty much just to see how my tattoo would look with it. As I stared in the mirror I couldn't believe what I saw. Because truth be told, it wasn't me. My sister asked me to come out and show her and I refused. It was then that I realized that I don't like this body. If I am too ashamed to show my sister my bathing suit, how will I be able to go to the beach and enjoy myself this summer?! It's impossible! So for the rest of the day when I felt hungry and began thinking of the lowest calorie things to eat, I stopped for a second and remembered that girl looking back at me in the mirror.

Needless to say that the rest of my day included Lara bars, a panera bread bagel (for a snack!), coffee ice cream, a "calorie-mystery" bean salad, and lots and lots of peanut butter. But you know what? I felt WONDERFUL! My sister is SUCH a good role model when it comes to food! At dinner last night we sat with a bunch of people who were talking about the high number of calories in the Whoopie Pie that they were all eating. My sister also had one, and didn't CARE about it! Afterwards she went to see how many calories were in it, and shrugged her shoulders and said "it was worth it". And trust me...she meant it! That wasn't the end of her eating for the rest of the night =P

I wish I could go into more detail about my weekend, but let's just say that not only did I AVOID the gym, I also avoided all school work =]. Oh..I'm such a good college student!

Have a wonderful Sunday evening girls!!

17 comments:

  1. Laura I'm so happy for you! I hope this is the beginning of a beautiful new chapter in your life - you will totally be on that beach, girl! And you will look HOT. And ED won't get a look in ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!!! This is such a great post I'm so happy you felt so good this weekend!! Whenever E.D. screams at you remember the girl in the mirror. stay strong, love. I'm so proud of you!!!!!!
    Love,
    Lex

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you've enjoyed such a great time with your sister! This makes me very happy to hear - keep on pushing, girlie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I am so happy that you had a good weekend. Hopefully, all your days can be like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so fantastic! It sounds like your weekend was pure bliss - I am glad your sister has such a positive impact on you and that you have her to lean on and look up to. You're so inspiring. I hope that the rest of your week is just as free-feeling and liberating.
    xo
    Tori

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome!!!!! Totally love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful! I love hearing that everything is going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LAURA..all i want to do right now is just give you a big hug.. THANK YOU FOR THIS POST.. thank you for reminding us of what it is to LIVE. i am so proud of you .. you deserve each and every weekend to be this way - and i have no doubt that you have the strength to do so =)

    keep smiling, angel! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray! I'm glad you had a good weekend.

    As for the bathing suit - is there possibly a garment that is more emotionally fraught? Maybe wedding dresses, but I digress. It must have been painful to see yourself in the suit, but try to use that as inspiration to get better. It sounds like you've already started that, so you're on your way.

    Hang in there and be kind to yourself. Every college student needs a weekend (or three) off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i had a similar experience with the mirror today...we just have to remember what we saw staring back at us to keep moving foward xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you had such a good weekend, thanks for posting about it, it gives me the inspiration after having a bad weekend to try my best to have a good week! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey girlie
    im so happy to read about the wonderful weekend you had :) you deserve to be this happy all the time hun!!
    love you lots
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so happy for you! I'm glad you're already starting to use the bathing suit as motivation to get better. I hope every weekend is as carefree for you as this one was! Enjoy your monday, love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, I couldn't possibly be any happier for you!!!! Sounds like you had a FABULOUS weekend.. I love when ED is totally nonexistent!

    I admire my sister with her eating also. She eats whatever she desires and she is healthy and beautiful.

    xoxo

    Hope you have a fantastic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's great, sounds like you had a great weekend with your sister! I hope you can take that positive pro-good food thinking into this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Laura, I'm really pleased for you! My sister is a great role model too, she eats what she wants and is perfectly healthy and gorgeous to boot. I feel a little embarrassed that she's younger than me :P but it's great to have someone in your life who can show you what a healthy attitude to food is. I'm glad you had fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh Laura- sounds like an absolutly amazing weekend. SOOOOO happy to hear that you got a taste ('scuse the pun!) of what an ED-free LIFE could be. Hope it continues through the week :)

    ReplyDelete