Thursday, July 16, 2009

Beach hair!

Isn't beach hair the best?! It's so crazy, but a controlled sort of crazy. See!?:



I've been afraid of wearing a bathing suit in public for some time now. But when my sister had the spontaneous idea of going to the beach-I couldn't say no! So my sister, my friend and I all spent the day lying in the sun yesterday...and it was one of the best days I've had in a long time. For some reason it's scary for me to have people looking at me- especially guys. I'm not sure why exactly. Perhaps it's my past coming to haunt me, but regardless- I pushed myself out of my comfort zone and only good came from it. Maybe this is a sign of what's to come?!

I'm also slowly getting back on my feet after a couple of rough days. My intake was not what it should have been, and even though I was aware of it- I couldn't seem to fix it. But after a few good days, I can see my depression taking a backseat and Laura taking the wheel. It's quite a liberating feeling- being in control. Scary, of course...but life is going to be scary sometimes.

I'm in the middle of typing up an extremely long list of things to be happy about. Just a warning. It may be overwhelming =P

ALSO (wow my head is ALL over the place this morning!) I never got around to thanking each and every one of you for the comments you have been leaving. They are appreciated to the MAX I assure you. Every time I get an email alerting me of a new comment I get so excited and read it word for word. They mean so much to me and offer so much advice and inspiration. So thank you so very much =)

I hope everyone has a BEAUTIFUL day today! Be yourself, and just believe.

13 comments:

  1. you look beautiful! congrats on the beach and bathing suit. i still have yet to go out in public in mine this summer :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on stepping out of your comfort zone -- I know how hard that can be! it's great that you did it and had a blast as well!

    I am also so glad to hear you are now taking the driving seat and shoving your depression and ED in the trunk. Keep up the fight and Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful wonderful wonderful! I can feel the life and excitement in your words. You are truly going in a good direction, I can feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your hair! laura, you must wear it like this from now on. gorgeous!

    way to go for approaching your bikini and the beach with such a positive attitude. we can all learn and become inspired by you. keep beliving.

    love you sweet p,
    xo brooke

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE beach hair too!!!!! :)

    glad to hear you are getting back on your feet and stepping on some stones you didnt take before- like going to the beach! Life is too short to not enjoy, right!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! I'm glad you're out there living life - you deserve a fantastic summer and beyond :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you had a great time at the beach with your sister!

    Live it up babe! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at the beach :)
    have tons of fun at home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am slightly jealous that you look so gorgeous with beach hair -- mine is always a hot mess!!

    i'm sure you looked rockin' in your bathing suit girlie! it's all about how you carry yourself :)!!

    keep enjoying life, Laur! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! Glad to hear you are getting back on your feet. I slipped a bit for a few days as well, and I know its a bit tough, but it shows just how determined you are to maintain recovery and its so wonderful that you are taking charge and fixing it now. Congrats on having fun at the beach and enjoying some spontaneity!
    BTW I did my drawing today, posted up winners. You should check it out - you're one of them.
    xo
    Tori

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the beach hair, girl. Hey - thanks for all of the positive comments on my blog. I am so appreciative of your love and support. I am here for you anytime!
    <3
    lexi

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the beach hair looks wonderful! Good for you for wearing the bathing suit, I know that can feel quite akward.
    I hope you keep enjoying yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. laura thats so great! you should be mighty proud of yourself girl! I'm sure you looked amazing in your bathing suit! Congrats on being completely done with CEDC btw thats really great, im really proud of all the effort you've put into recovery and all the strength you have shown (I hope your equally as proud!) the fact that you are able to recognize, admit and then take action when your intake was not enough really shows how far you have come! well love ya girl!
    ps may i just say how amazing beach hair looks on you!!!?!?! seriously i think you def need to start wearing your hair curly it looks great! <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete