Monday, September 21, 2009

Don't judge a day by it's agenda.

Monday, September 21

7am- wake up
7:30-catch bus
8:00-chem
9:00-math
10:00-therapy
12:00-lunch with Holly
1:00-Human Development
2:00-The dreaded doctor appointment

Needless to say, I was NOT looking forward to today. It's a monday, I need to wake up early, and I had 3 classes and two appointments all before 2:30. But you know what? I think today has been one of the best day's I have had here so far. Why you ask? Well, aside from it being the first day of FALL (yes, I count the 21 as the first official day), I had my SECOND good doctor's appointment in a row...which has NEVER happened to me before. Ever. I normally gain a little, drop more than I gained, gain a little more, drop a little more, etc etc. HOWEVER not today!!! This girl fought through all the negative thoughts last week and came out a champ! In addition to the good news at the Doc, I also got the BEST iced coffee ever, and found out I got a 100 on my term paper for HDFS. HOLLAA!!!

I have been up to a LOT this past week...and it feels absolutely amazing! My mind has been drifting away from things ED related, and it's scaring me but exciting me at the same time. I sit down at my computer now, and instead of reading food blogs religiously, and poking around nutrition and fitness websites, I watch TV shows, listen to music, talk to friends, do my homework, and just have fun! Here are a few pictures from the past week:


Bought curtains for my room/worked on my collage...


Got a drug/alcohol suggestive sign from my girl Carly!!!


Stumbled upon an old picture of my sister and I holding a baby white tiger. This is me in my element!!!


And we visited the cows....a LOT!!!





Yes....her name is Precious Phatty...


ANNNDDDD
Look at the show lineup this week:
Monday- 2 hour House season premiere AND Gossip Girl!!! Tuesday- 2 hours of CSI! Wednesday- ANTM....don't judge. Thursday- GREY'S ANATOMY!!!

Add in 2 exams, 2 quizzes, and a paper...and you've got yourself a very busy Laura!!!

<3

21 comments:

  1. yay to mondays for not sucking :) glad the doctah doctah went well chica, I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the collage on your bedroom wall. Thumbs up for having fun ;-)

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious Phatty :P

    Can't wait for House tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous! we're an entire season behind in house!!!! We're just starting the previous season! :(
    I would love to hold a white tiger, look so cute...but slightly scary? haha
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. no playing with tigers!!!!! or cow tipping!!!
    You have no idea how happy I am to hear about your doctor apts!!! And I'm glad I made the post :) I have the sign hanging on my wall too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you went to starbucks and all i had were my placebo caffeine pills

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your monday was a good one! :)

    YAY for cute good grades! Congrats!
    <3 jess
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think they were... they didnt make my head aches go aay

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you are doing well and enjoying yourself

    i am very VERY jealous that you watched the House and GG premiers. I didnt get to watch either because both occurred during study hall and homework is killing me.

    i love you. keep up the positivity darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love that picture of you and the tiger!!

    SO stoked for House :D
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, that tiger is SO cute! If only you could have those as pets right? :)
    glad the doctors appointment went well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY GOODNESS, that is the cutest picture ever...the tiger is just so so cute. You and your sister are cute too of coarse :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, that is so good! I'm really proud of you for fighting the negative thoughts! And it worked...because you did have another good appointment! Way to go girl:)

    xxx Julia (Taste of Living)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wow chem and math back to back! now thats rough.
    aww thats so cool that you got to feed a baby tiger!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thats so brilliant that you are moving away from the ED thoughts and food obsession! props to ya my friend!

    baby tiger? omgosh. lucky!

    L. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a doctor appointment on monday and im sooo dreading it.. but i'll suck it up, i swear!! Lovely pic of you and the white tiger!! was it scary?
    have a nice tuesday laura!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great work, Laura! I'm so glad you are using all of your strength and courage to keep walking tall on your recovery journey!

    Lots of love girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Laura! I'm so happy for you that you are edging away from ED-related thoughts and behaviors! Take that you bastard! Haha!

    Don't forget us bloggies though! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, and to answer your question: for soft-boild eggs, you put eggs in boiling water (careful!) and let them cook for 4 minutes. That's it:)

    xxx Julia (Taste of Living)

    ReplyDelete
  20. no i didnt haha i had a breakdown and had ensure

    ReplyDelete
  21. I <3 that sign and your wall. Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete