Tuesday, October 20, 2009

New Foods New Moods.

Hello Hello!!
Blogging has been on my mind a lot lately...in fact, I may or may not have had a dream last night with a few of you in it! No worries, it was PG =P

Anyways! Saturday John and I made a trip up to Whole Foods just for the hell of it. I FINALLY found two things I have been searching high and low for-

Mmmm!! John and I split this as soon as we stepped foot out of the store. Initially I couldn't really taste the difference between this and the PBCookie flavor, but a few seconds later the cherry flavor hit and everyone who said this tastes just like a PB&J is right. Good stuff!




StoneyFields Seasonal Pumpkin Pie flavored yogurt!!! I added some Kashi honey sunshine to add a mock "crust" and mmmm did it deliver! Fun fact though- I actually DON'T like pumpkin pie!! I just like pumpkin pie flavored things!

Speaking of pumpkin flavored things-my pumpkin spice coffee consumption is starting to become a problem...



But, if it helps at all...I got it at a cafe called Jitters....which I think is cute.


Sorry about the terrible phone pictures...my camera is simply too large to lug around campus with me...verizon to the rescue!!


Oh, and how great is this!? My school is celebrating "fat talk free week". I haven't had time to stop at any of the tables set up yet, but I will as soon as I can!

Sorry my posts have been all over the place lately. It basically mirrors how I've been feeling. While I think of what to type next, take a look at some of these pictures I took around campus-















I just adore this season.
One thing that I'm not so fond of however, is how my mood has been lately. Eating-wise I've been eating enough, but not enough of what I SHOULD be. Once again I'm stuck in a rut, and I can tell that my body is not liking it. The scale says I'm doing well, so my doctor thinks I am- but I am a firm believer that the scale can not measure your recovery. I'm tired and cranky and finding myself having OCD tendencies. Luckily, I'm aware of this so I can take action before things get out of control.

Otherwise everything is going well. Bonus points and extra credit keep popping up in my classes, and I met with my advisor for next semester and I am SO excited! I am going to have classes Mon-Thur and then all day friday I will be doing field work for a park or refuge, and will get 3 credits for doing so. Sounds like a good way to spend a day to me!! =)

______
Oh, and check out this giveaway!
anddd this one too!
One more?

12 comments:

  1. It all sounds exciting. I agree that the scales does not measure recovery. Good luck and keep up all the good work.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are SO on the right track laur - keep going!

    ps. YOU LOOK BEE-YOO-TEE-FULL in that picture! :) shine on, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Laura :)
    i'm so glad i just started to follow your blog, i have read your posts before, but i really love your photos, and thoughts. :)
    loved the pbj lara too!
    and i had that yo the other day, so good, i think i am addicted to pumpkin flavored anything too ;) dont want this season to end, then it would just be weird to have pumpkin flavored things in the summer and spring ;P

    well, hang in there lovie, i know exactly how you feel, a few years back, the scale didn't show i was struggling so my parents and doc all thought i was fine, but inside i was struggling so much,( i actually just talked to a friend who is in a similar place about this)...well, i am glad you are aware so you can get it under control before your ED takes the control.

    lots of love
    xx
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura you're suck a lucky girl !! :) you've got a gorgeous boyfriend, gorgeous campus and you've got a whole foods near you!! i've never ever tried Larabars, how sad is that?? im thinking about buying them online :P
    well have a nice tuesday girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg, LOL, i meant you are SUCH a lucky girl, no you're suck hahaha sorry :P typo xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that! A scale cannot measure recovery!
    Love all your photos
    keep going girly
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey love! I can't wait to try the PBJ lara. you're so lucky to have found it! and yum yum pumpkin spice. I love this season too. the weather, the flavors, the leaves.. everything. I hope you have a great night dearie. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all pumpkin flavored things :D Yummy! And kashi honey sunshine is amazing!

    Keep your head held high, love <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to see the pictures of your campus!
    And you're right: a scale can't measure your recovery and I recognize myself some months ago...Believe me: you need to fight and beat those stupid ED-things, even if the scale/doctors are saying that things are OK. You know it if they aren't! ED doesn't deserve a place in your life, so stay strong girl!

    xxx Julia (Taste of Living)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pictures!!! I have never had a larabar ... is that crazy?

    ReplyDelete
  11. mm, I want to try the pb&j lara but can't seem to find it anywhere! glad to see you're doing well. gorgeous pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmm nom nom PB & J Larabar! I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and you're enjoying yourself overall - I was so happy to hear about the boy! What a sweetheart, he's a keeper ;)

    Love you!
    Meg

    ReplyDelete