Friday, October 16, 2009

Oh life..

I think this is the most I've updated in a LONG time! I realized that I truly love to blog, but don't like to focus a lot of attention on food/my eating disorder. I know I really shouldn't have to ask this, but does that bother anyone? I'll definitely be touching upon those things seeing as they both play a role in my life (eating disorder RECOVERY that is!!), but for now I'm just going to blog about my life.

First of all, I wanted to thank everyone for the recommendations about what to do with John. One thing that I didn't mention was that I'm not actually friends with my suitemate...just acquaintances. In fact...I don't agree with a lot of things she does, so all we really do is share a bathroom. I really don't want to hurt her though...


With that being said, she still doesn't have much of an idea...and I don't know how to bring it up! I will eventually though, because as of last night I am (as my best friend says) Laura plus one.

He took me to Starbucks and then back to his dorm yesterday, and at some point switched the cup he was holding and asked if I wanted a sip. I took the cup from him and THIS is what I found:


Cute huh? He officially asked me if I would be his girlfriend, and as corny as it was- how could I say no to someone who knows me well enough to ask me out with a Starbucks cup? =P





He also got me an ENTIRE bouquet of pink roses...which can sort of be seen in the background. The single rose, and one which wouldn't fit in the vase are sitting on my desk =]

Don't worry though...he knows about the blog, and knows I talk about him. Actually, today he asked me what the "blog people" think about the situation. I told him that I hadn't officially informed everyone yet...but I was going to!

It's nice though...I wake up in the morning and don't immediately think about food. In fact, I think about him more than I think about eating/body image/the gym now. It's incredible yet terrifying. I am always afraid of opening up to someone because I'm scared of getting hurt. I guess it's too late now though...I just need to relax and enjoy having someone who cares so much about me and who I have such an amazing time with!!

Oh, by the way...it SNOWED it Connecticut yesterday & today!! Crazy stuff huh?!



As for tonight...I'm a driver for a program here at UConn called Guard Dogs. Basically, it's a "no questions asked" safe ride home put on by the school, so I'll be out and about until about 3am. Needless to say, the kid I'm riding with better be up for lots and lots of coffee =]

14 comments:

  1. I'm so glad everything is going well! YAY for your boyfriend :) I see now problem!

    Sweet way of asking you!!
    <3 jess
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cutie!!!!!! SOOOO adorable!

    I cant believe it snowed in CT either! I actually had to keep checking to make sure it was october.

    ReplyDelete
  3. babygirl this is so adorable! im so happy for you! and yes i think he is adorbs too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yaaaaay! Laura has a boy! hehe now...I...just need one :)
    So glad to see your post! hehe! love your little posts :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to hear this! Enjoy the two of you together, you look like a great couple!

    xxx Julia (Taste of Living)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS ON SNAGGING THE BOY :)
    you two are adorable !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I try not to focus too much on my eating disorder on my blog too. Just the milestone steps. This guy sounds like a great person to have in your life. Congrats on finding a good one who understands and will treat you like the goddess you are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute boy :)
    You just blog about whatever you want to. I know sometimes I don't eat anything blogworthy or may miss some days.


    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura this is so great!! i know i don't really know you but i read your blog and i couldn't be happier for you :) the way he asked you out was SO sweet and romantic ^^ Im jealous hehe :P because i like this guy who is one of my highschool's friends ex :S damn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so happy for you!!!!!!!! awwwwwww!!!!!!! so cute!!!!!!!!! eeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. omgsh omgsh omgsh i'm dying! I just want to give you [and John!] a huge hug for being so damn cute and totally making my day :) love is in the airrrr! thinking about boys is 48984093 million times better than our stupid ED's, am I right?

    bah! Gingie and I used guard dogs last weekend - I wish you were my driver :( I think it's great that you do that love, such a wonderful program!

    Love you Laur! hope to hear more updates from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of the purpose of an ED recovery blog is to recover, right? And less thinking about ED IS recovery :)

    ''Blog people''? I think ''Blog community'' is more flattering xD

    Roses = So romantic!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Have a nice week-end!
    Vanilla

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so cute! yay I'm really happy for you. :D
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay! congrats on the boyfriend! Im so glad that you are able to wake up thinking about him and not your ED. thats a huge step in the right direction :)

    ReplyDelete