Wednesday, December 9, 2009

MIA

I'm sorry I've been MIA recently! I don't even know what happened...but somehow almost a MONTH passed without me posting. My apologies. Next week I have finals, and then my Christmas break will begin! There will be more frequent posting after those exams- I promise.

However...an update is still in order.
Let's try to remember my last post where I said that John had a surprise for me for our 1 month. Well, even though I guessed where we were going it was STILL amazing.
We went trail riding!

That's the only picture I could get because it was a fast-paced adventure and I dropped my phone off in the car before we departed.

Afterwards however we went into West Hartford and found this cafe called It's A Grind- HIGHLY recommended. I doubled the caffeine intake of this picture.


Oh...and we annihilated not one, not two, but THREE (almost empty) jars of peanut butter by pouring some oats (5 grain cereal...same diff.) into them. I think he liked it...

Then Thanksgiving rolled around and I went home, didn't bring my camera, hung out with friends and family, hugged a cat....the usual.


Then LAST weekend John had ANOTHER surprise for me (gosh, I am so spoiled with him...really.) Once again however, I basically knew where we were going. I had told him many-a-times that I had never been to New York before...so last Saturday we hopped a train straight to the city, and although it was cold and wet, it was still magical- especially when the rain turned to snow the MINUTE we got to see the tree at Rockefeller Center =]

Oh and by the way, if you're ever in the city make sure to stop by St. Patrick's Cathedral. My lovely Libby recommended it and I'm SO glad she did...it's breathtaking.







A few more pictureless updates...

-I went to my doctor at home over break and it turns out that I remained stable this entire semester. Although I am supposed to be gaining weight, they were still proud of me (and I was proud of myself) for being able to care for myself this semester, especially given what happened LAST semester.

-With that being said, I'm still looking into Laurel Hill Inn's IOP program for over Winter break. It's 3x a week from 5:30-8:30 at night. I have a phone intake appointment in about one hour. It can't hurt right?

-I changed my major. Natural Resources wasn't doing it for me. Now I'm in Allied Health (Health Promotion) and considering doing Occupation Therapy. I'm ecstatic and SO excited! I get to take Introduction to Companion Animals next semester. Basically- I train a cow.

-I have absolutely NO classes today. Thank you snow!!

Well, I'm off to get ready for the day. No classes doesn't mean that I have a free day! But before I go, I'll leave you with this video that basically describes John and my relationship. I was poking fun at the fact that when he says "first" he sounds all nasally. =P

Have a good day!!!



~~~~
love me some coffee and carbs!

20 comments:

  1. SO proud of you for this semester. John seems like such a wonderful influence! And I'm happy he spoils you because you definitely deserve it. Good luck with finals and the rest of the semester and stay strong!

    Nicole G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see ya back! I am so proud of you for staying stable over the course of the entire semester!! That is really something to be proud of. Reward yourself over break for doing so well!! That's so cute that John surprises you so much. Sounds like a great guy!! I have missed your posts, can't wait to see more of them over your break! Also, congrats on changing your major!! Love ya girllll

    ReplyDelete
  3. yayyyyy i'm so glad you are back. you are doing wonderfully and i'm sorry if it was a creeper to message you on facebook!

    hang in there because you are amazing and look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to hear from you! I'm so happy for you, you've got a wonderful boyfriend and I think he's making you very happy, you deserve it girl! Stay strong, you're doing great! xxx Julia (Taste of Living)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was so glad to see your post! you are doing SO well and i'm really proud! also, it seems like you've found a guy who treats you right, so good job. best of luck with finals--i know how stressful they can be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. John is literally a SAINT! wow! he clearly cares for you so much - and rightfully so, you are such a gem :)

    so proud of you this semester, Laura, honestly. You are an inspiration!

    Enjoy your day off - love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look SO happy!
    thanks for the update :) haha I love all the oats in jars;)

    xooxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are SOOO adorable! you and your boyfriend are awesome-you deserve a man who will treat you like a princess!! and THREE pb jars? thats like a bloggies food heaven! haha .. love the christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute pictures!! ive missed your posts- it looks like you have been doing great though :) happy holidays

    xoxo
    shelley

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I'd spent my past month doing such fun things, I think out of all those things I... hugged a cat? haha I would have much rather New York! aww, well I'm very jealous and, yes, I do still love my cat!

    Remaining stable, thats great! Now you can focus on gaining some more!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. LAURA!!! SO glad you posted!! John is so great! Trail riding a trip to NYC!! I'm really happy for you girl!! Glad to hear the DR. appt went well also, I'm so proud of you, show that hard work pays off! =]
    AND YIPPEE for deciding on a major!!! I hope you end up LOVING it!

    good for you for making the decision for and IOP and admitting you need a little extra help, what emotional progress has been made this semester!! So proud of ya girl, stay strong, and if you need anything lemme know! LOVE YOU! <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it, I love it all , i love you, i love your post, i love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. why did you go to that cathedral and not the coffee place i suggested?? jerk!!!! ha. Girl, you are training a cow? how have i not been told this yet??

    ReplyDelete
  14. no, you are pretty bomb! dove is amazing, and i love their wrappers! ANYTHING with pb is bomb haha ily!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you're back laura!! congratulations on remaining stable all semester that's pretty awesome :)
    cute video ^^ :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE your blog! You look so happy!
    and Im extra jealous you were in NYC during the holidays. I wish I could move there just for thanksgiving-new years. Its purely magical I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the comment on my blog! you should FOR SURE try that smoothie. It's not too thick, so it's even good to accompany another part of a meal :) and it tastes awesome!

    Have a fabulous monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good for you for taking care of yourself over the past semester! That's so awesome, and you should be so proud of all your hard work and determination. :D

    You and John are adorable together. :D And how cool to be able to see the lights in New York City! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. girl!
    i am glad you are back after a month! and i am so proud of you that you remained stabled through the whole semester :) that is something to be proud about!
    jenna

    ReplyDelete
  20. hey again!

    some great pics you have! i think your change of major is PERFECT for someone with the life experiences you've had, you'll really have a deep understanding of what you're learning! I LOVE st patrick's cathedral, it is amazingly beautiful and those are great shots. cute kitty!!

    ReplyDelete